Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SV650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed a long weekend trip. I love my Gen 3 SV, except the seat! I don't have much natural padding and have already tried the sheep skin. Does anyone have experience with either:

• The Suzuki replacement seat
  • The Corbin replacement seat
  • Other options

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just completed a long weekend trip. I love my Gen 3 SV, except the seat! I don't have much natural padding and have already tried the sheep skin. Does anyone have experience with either:

• Other options

Thank you in advance!
The replacement tuck and roll seat is more of the same, just as hard, unbearable as the original, I bought it and I am sorry, I do not recommend it. I don't know about the corbin but they talk about how it is really comfortable and solves the seat problem, shame on the part of suzuki to launch a motorcycle with such a bad seat

·
Registered
480 Posts
My gen.3 was originally equipped with the tuck and roll seat, which both my back and the missus' never found completely comfortable.
I then shipped it to Top Sellerie and had it rebuilt with gel inserts: a totally different seat it is now!
Travelled a couple of 1'000miles trips (in 2/3 days) on it and I never regretted the switch.
Here you can find my review.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
185 Posts
I replaced stock with a Corbin, they are expensive but is vastly improved over stock. I have had other seats modified with gel inserts and foam changes, comes down to the seat maker, some do it better than others.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki SV650X 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R
87 Posts
Went Corbin too. Pricy for sure but love it. Gave it a little higher position which helped my knees as well. There is a break in period so may not be amazing on the first ride and it's a VERY tight fit but overall an absolutely amazing and comfortable saddle.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought this seat that had been made by an upholsterer . Its like riding a different bike
I could not test the bike before buying it, if I had the possibility of a test drive before putting in the money I would not have bought it, the seat would be the big loser, the worst thing I have ever tried, I had many motorcycles, suzuki must solve this problem with the seat once, this is not new, it comes from the gladius

·
Registered
2 Posts

• Other options

Thank you in advance!
A few months ago I purchased the C-Racer Sv650 seat link below. I truly believe it’s the size/ style Suzuki should have install at the factory or made as an option to purchase instead of another version of the same seat. As for comfort coming off the stock seat it was like night and day difference, it does sit taller (note I’ve never measured but maybe half inch to inch taller) and removes the annoying sliding action the stock seat causes due to the sharp incline. I haven’t gone on any extended trips but my daily commute of just over an hour one way no longer causes me pain (side affect from previous accident). If memory serves me right I paid a little over $200 and arrived just over a week after! Here’s a picture of what my bike looks like with the seat. I hope this helps.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 SV650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went Corbin too. Pricy for sure but love it. Gave it a little higher position which helped my knees as well. There is a break in period so may not be amazing on the first ride and it's a VERY tight fit but overall an absolutely amazing and comfortable saddle.

View attachment 59156
Thanks for the information, very nice looking bike!

·
Registered
2017 SV650
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The replacement tuck and roll seat is more of the same, just as hard, unbearable as the original, I bought it and I am sorry, I do not recommend it. I don't know about the corbin but they talk about how it is really comfortable and solves the seat problem, shame on the part of suzuki to launch a motorcycle with such a bad seat
Thanks for letting me know this, I suspected as much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received the modified Top Sellerie seat (ordered the higher version). It looks and feels good but I immediately have one comment (Note: I haven't tried it yet):
- the original seat was almost flat, so you could move up and down the seat, on this one you are locked in one position and can't move, so if it's not comfortable you are fucked

Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
480 Posts
Funny you mention this, because I too had top sellerie rebuild my original seat with their top-of-the-line seat.
I happen to think the original seat was some sort of a slide where I could not kept the same position all the time (kept sliding forward towards the tank), while the top sellerie one is flat, and it allows me to stay in position better.
I can still move forward/aft a bit on it, but only if I want it.

Of course, you need to carefully evaluate if you want your seat same length as the OEM one, or you want to choose the longer option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually selected the higher and longer version, but it has less space for the rider because of the hump, and the passenger seat is bigger, which kinda doesn't make a lot of sense.
I'll see how it feels during riding...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts