Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovered i have a damaged wrist pin and now I'm faced with rebuilding my motor. While pricing parts with my local parts guy he mentioned he has an 05 he is parting out (been dropped and insurance totaled).

My questions are: Does this motor mount up, and can i convert it to a carb easily?

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Yes, need to swtich intake boots, flywheel/stator, and block off pair.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm weighing the costs and seeing if a complete rebuild and big bore is worth it, or just grab a donor motor. I already have way more than what this bike is worth tied up in it, but thats life I guess. Last question but idea has popped into my head. SV1000 motor swap?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discovered i have a damaged wrist pin and now I'm faced with rebuilding my motor. While pricing parts with my local parts guy he mentioned he has an 05 he is parting out (been dropped and insurance totaled).

My questions are: Does this motor mount up, and can i convert it to a carb easily?
How do you find a damaged wrist pin without already having the engine apart for a rebuild? Unless you had a projectile piston.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you find a damaged wrist pin without already having the engine apart for a rebuild? Unless you had a projectile piston.
Motor is already apart. I dont have ESP bro. Though from the sound it made I suspected it because it didn't sound like a rod bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts