Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting mountains of crap from Josh about not having items for the 2nd gen SV, we finally have something to shut him up!!! Hot off the CNC machine..... 140mm dogbones for the Gen2! Raises ride height about 9mm over stock. We experimented with several lengths and DucOwner got the slide rule out and finally settled on 140mm. Available raw tumbled aluminum or annodized gold or black.

http://www.motospecialties.com/MSIn...ype=Products by Bike&Type1=Suzuki&Type2=SV650

J

·
0 Posts
Hmm i wonder what they will look like. Oh wait never mind. Now start fabing up some new stuff.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Would that be too radical of an increase for spirited street riding and occasional track days?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Storz said:
Would that be too radical of an increase for spirited street riding and occasional track days?
no. its about perfect for track riding, you'll just notice easier turning on the street at street speeds.

J

·
0 Posts
Storz i have the prototype ones from svraceshop on mine and i love it for quick turn ins.

·
Registered
276 Posts
It should also give a bit more ground clearance for the lower 05 pegs, right?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
05s dont have lower pegs...

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Novadesigns said:
So how would this work with a GSX-R front end, since that already drops the front a little bit?
gsxr forks dont drop it too much.. especially with 70 profile front tire.

with your gsxr1000 shock you could probably use these dogbones to get more ride height and faster turn in.

·
Registered
276 Posts
wonderjosh said:
I could have sworn that, side by side, the 04-05 bikes have a different (lower) peg assembelly than the 03 bikes. Looks like the pegs are about an inch lower.

They have different parts fiche on RonAyers.....

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
eisenfaust said:
wonderjosh said:
I could have sworn that, side by side, the 04-05 bikes have a different (lower) peg assembelly than the 03 bikes. Looks like the pegs are about an inch lower.

They have different parts fiche on RonAyers.....
it is a different design, but to my knowledge peg height is the same.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I wouldn't put that on a second gen SV, the spring rate is going to be really far off unless you're huge.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
NOsquid said:
I wouldn't put that on a second gen SV, the spring rate is going to be really far off unless you're huge.
+1 busa shock has super stiff spring rate

C

·
0 Posts
6', 245lbs, and that's with no gear,

that was why I bought it in the first place, though it's not like I spent much,

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
wonderjosh said:
Novadesigns said:
So how would this work with a GSX-R front end, since that already drops the front a little bit?
gsxr forks dont drop it too much.. especially with 70 profile front tire.

with your gsxr1000 shock you could probably use these dogbones to get more ride height and faster turn in.

I have been feeling like the bike's rear end is a little low. I think that I will probably still wait until after the front end is done. One thing at a time, easier to get used to and adjust.

J

·
0 Posts
From what i hear they changed the rearsets on the 04-05 svs because people said the 03 svs rearsets were to aggresive.

I have the gsxr front end and the dogbones and love it. However i had the gsxr front end extended to stock sv length.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts