Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hate the round headlight look on these. They are too "Cruiser-esque" for me. I wanted something a little sportier, that fit with the generally curvy appearance of the gen 1. Unfortunately most aftermarket lights are either really fugly, or much more "pointy" and don't seem to go with the flow of the bike.

I decided to pick up a Gladius headlight, because the styling of the Gladius is a bit more "Curvy", closer the the gen 1. Plenty of people have swapped to round or non-stocker's on the Gladius so a few PM's later, I had a light shipped to my door.

Here are the mock up shots. I'll have to figure out the best way to hide the wiring that was in the bucket, but all in all I think it's a drastic improvement. The "bubble" light really seems to fit in with the Gen 1 styling, but give's it a more aggressive look, without being over the top.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Not bad from the front, but, to my eye, the side view is awkward. Then again, I like the stock 7" round.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'm not sure the light output/pattern will be what you're used to. Seems like a few Gladius owners weren't very happy with them.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yeah from the side it's kinda akward but its a nice concept.

I got a 7" headlight for my S from some 81 suzuki (was in a parts bin, labeled 81 suzuki haha)

It spreads and offers so much light I couldn't ask for a better headlight.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree the side view does look a little awkward in the picture. In person I didn't even notice though. I think it's just how I took the picture.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I definitely like it from the front. Looks very aggressive compared to the stock round.

If light output bothers you(as stated) add an HID kit in it.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
no.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
As someone else stated: I like it from the front, but it sticks out too far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts