Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! Noob here.

Does anyone know if the gen 1 headlight mount "ears" fit on the gen 2 headlight mount brackets that attach to the fork legs? Some how the mount hole spacing looks different.

I purchased a set of gen 2 mounts (with gen 2 ears) for my gen 1. I noticed that the gen 1 headlight mounts have provisions for the turnsignal mounting the but the gen 2's do not. I have other mounting plans for the front turn signals so this works well for me. I'm planning on doing the buell lighting headlight/flyscreen conversion and understand from posts that the buell headlights mount on either the gen 1 or gen 2 "ears" fine if you turn them upside down. The thing is the gen 1 mount setup looks to hold the headlights lower and further forward than the gen 2 mount set up. This is the look I'm after. It seems the gen 1 "ears" are longer than the gen 2 "ears" so I suspect at least some of the lower longer look is from the "ears".

So, if the gen 1 "ears" can mount onto the gen 2 headlight mounts I think I'm golden. Can anyone confirm any of what I just said?

thanks all!

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Your PM box is full so I sent you an email on the seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts