Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been thinking that my stock seat is too squishy/grippy/low to be ideal for track days. What are my options short of going to a superbike tail? Been searching around the forums to no avail. I've got a beat-up extra seat I could have modded with zero downtime, if there's an option.

...adding, the goal here is a stock bolt-on seat at or above stock seat height to give me a little more legroom. I have a hard time moving around sometimes, like to get my toe off the peg and under the gear lever coming out of right-handers since my knees are so bent.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I always cut my seat down but just take it to an apholstery shop in your area that does cars and they can do whatever you want

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just out of curiosity how tall are you? I'm 6'1" and on a 1st gen I switched out the stock seat for a GSXR seat which was lower and I didn't have any problems with shifting.

I'd think the higher the seat the higher center of gravity you'll create which could cause issues in the turns. I know it seams somewhat ridiculous however when I swapped the seat stock seat w/the GSXR seat I felt more planted in the turns.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm 5'9". My pegs are up and back ~1.5" and the feeling I have is that my knees are so cramped that it's harder to move around than it could be. It's not that I have trouble shifting at all, it's that the angle of my legs makes it hard to make best use of my quads for body position. So what I have now works, just trying to make it better.

The thought originated with a brief spin on my buddy's Daytona 675. The seat is way higher on the that bike which sucks for comfort on the road but I thought the position made more sense for the track. I could be wrong and maybe it's something else in my technique that's not working. Digging into it a bit more I see that lots of SV riders go with a cut-down seat for track work.

...it could just be the squishy foam and the grippier stock seat cover that's really making it difficult. Any experience on what kinds of foam and covers are best?

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
just go with SBK tail, i know you dont want to, but its your best option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts