Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 naked SV650 had a stock radiator that stuck out too far for me... the Gen 1 SV radiator was the same surface area but narrower. I bought a brand new radiator on eBay for $80 and a temp sensor. Was able to use the stock hoses (cut to fit) as well the stock fan (also cut to fit). Made brackets to attach (drill/tap left side of frame). Point being it can be done, and I think it looks much cleaner on the naked version. Hope this is helpful...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
yeah, a few guys have done it over the years. usually using the hoses that match the radiator makes it easier. then just a little bracketage

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Yea, stock radiator was just stupid wide. I couldn't stand the look of it or the sliders to protect it.

I was curious how in the world you had clearance to move the top forward enough to fit in the fan. I think the difference is that I have a GSXR 1000 front end. Still very close.

What did you do for a fan switch? The 2nd gen switch is the wrong size and 1st gen is spendy to buy new. I used a BMW switch that I picked up for about $15 shipped. (was going to include a link, but it's gone)

DSC_0021 by Pete Meyer, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For BigHammer... the radiator switch was a Gen 1 switch used part off Ebay (of course). I put Engine Ice in it and temps hover around 180 while running.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did the same mod to my '05 track bike. Should crash better not sticking out. Initially I mounted up a computer style fan to it because it was half the weight but then decided a fan wasnt needed on a track only bike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts