Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best quick action throtle for a gen one ? anyone got links of where to buy ???????????????/

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I got 1 from motion pro with custom cables works great 1/5 turn wasn't to expensive !

·
Registered
486 Posts
If the SV is like the GSXR then the R6 tube is not much if any improvement. Spend the money on the Motion Pro or Yoyodyne piece. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I think the Yoyo kit comes with a rediculous 56mm cam, a 47mm and a 41. I don't really see being able to use the 56 effectively.

Motion Pro comes with 35, 40, 45, and 50. So you get a very usable range. And they make a cable kit for flatslides (I do believe that to be true)

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Motion Pro comes with 35, 40, 45, and 50. So you get a very usable range. And they make a cable kit for flatslides (I do believe that to be true)
For flatslides yes but for stock carbs I don't think they have revolver kit. It would be custom order, think you have to give them dimensions for cables.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Just usually nowhere near as cheap as the R6 tube though. I got mine for about $12 including shipping.
I bought the BRG Kit back when they were 25$. It needs less rotation than an R6 throttle (we have both at home). Expensive for being a rather simple plastic piece, but maybe a good intermediate step to the more expensive options mentioned.

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm likely getting a pair of the motion pro ones for next season - the right wrist isn't as mobile as it was in my youth :cool:p

·
Registered
139 Posts
so does the MP for the first GeN have the Caples above the bar instead of under it? Got an pics of the install?
Well you can pretty much rotate the housing to put the throttle cable routing wherever you want. Most mount it so the throttle cable is up top.

Here's a link to an install of the revolver kit we are all talking about:
http://www.superstreetbike.com/how_...motion_pro_revolver_throttle_kit/viewall.html

Here is a link on where to buy:
http://www.twfracing.com/vbforums/showthread.php?1093-MotionPro-Quick-Turn-Throttle-Assembly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts