Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm starting a business, MuzaMoto, designing and manufacturing motorcycle accessories. The first product I have for sale is a gen 1 SV650 Clear Clutch Cover, which I know has been done before, but it's not available anymore. I wanted one and couldn't get one now. I thought some others might want one too. There will be more products, like nice bar end indicators coming soon. Check out the site!

www.MuzaMoto.com

For a limited time we're offering a special introductory price of $100 off the clear clutch cover!!!

Video:

Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/110809941165511514227/MuzaMoto?authuser=0&feat=directlink

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks nice, tho I don't have that kind of cash for pretty things... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
You know what might be an idea if you making covers and such should see about making reinforced covers for race applications . I would be interested if price is comparable to others on the market ! Gotta love an entrepenuer !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Looks nice, tho I don't have that kind of cash for pretty things... :(

Very sharp looking cover. ;)

I tried to sell my covers for a bit, but haven't sold that many. (8 or 9 of them?) I don't think I've sold one for almost 2 years. People don't seem to have $225 to throw into bling parts anymore.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Very sharp looking cover. ;)

I tried to sell my covers for a bit, but haven't sold that many. (8 or 9 of them?) I don't think I've sold one for almost 2 years. People don't seem to have $225 to throw into bling parts anymore.
Times are hard for some of us...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Where did you get this clutch plate?

Did that myself. The look of the otherwise hidden internals needed some sprucing up. I shaved off the ribs, polished things up, did some modifications to use the Ducati spring retainers I scored on eBay for $10, etc.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Did that myself. The look of the otherwise hidden internals needed some sprucing up. I shaved off the ribs, polished things up, did some modifications to use the Ducati spring retainers I scored on eBay for $10, etc.
Very nice!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! What did you have to modify to fit the spring retainers? I've though about designing a nice CNC clutch plate. I'm still considering it for a future product.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Due to the amount of interest I've received in a gen 2 clear clutch cover, I'm offering a gen 2 kit that includes everything required to mount the clear clutch cover on a gen 2.

The kit will include the clear clutch cover, a refurbished engine cover from a gen 1, and all seals and screws required to install on a gen 2. The installation on a gen 2 is a little bit more involved, but if you can change the oil or flush the coolant, you can install this kit. I'm working on the published instructions and they will be available soon.

I'll only be offering these gen 2 kits only as I find suitable gen 1 engine covers, so quantities will be limited.

Check out the website for more pictures, other products, and more info.

www.MuzaMoto.com

Gen 2 kit

Gen 1 mounted with engine running

Clear clutch cover

"S" oil plug

"S" oil plug on stock clutch cover

http://youtu.be/SKehLBorKIA?hd=1

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Make sure to note their is a difference between the height of the oil sights between the two case covers. Search around, I know there is a thread with more details. I think the second gen is 8mm higher than the first. But do your research and find out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Make sure to note their is a difference between the height of the oil sights between the two case covers. Search around, I know there is a thread with more details. I think the second gen is 8mm higher than the first. But do your research and find out.
I was aware but thanks for pointing that out. I will add a note so people are aware. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a review from member "taxonomy", link: http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2612086#post2612086

"I just picked up a clear clutch cover from forum member ostojo at his website www.MuzaMoto.com. Normally I don't go in for this kind of bling but for whatever reason I thought it was kind of cool so I picked one up.

Right out of the box it's an amazing part. It seems to be machined from billet with very good quality powder coat. You cannot see the quality in it without looking at it in person. It wouldn't be out of place on an MV Augusta. It's really put together well.

It went on my bike in less than 10 minutes with absolutely no issues. It really does look good. For the price it's absolutely a great value. The seller was easy to work with and shipped right away.

Over the years I have found that one of the best things about the SV650 is this forum. I've bought springs from Rich, I have an "SV Haver" t-shirt from another forum member and gotten tons of advice on every aspect of SV ownership. So, I am happy to report the SV love lives on. It's great to be able to support someone making a great product like this from this community.

I'm a 45 year old guy with hard bags and the stock tail on my Gen 1. If this had been poorly executed it would look gimmicky and shoddy. This is absolutely not the case. When I opend the package I was really surprised with what a piece of quality work I was holding. I wouldn't heasitate at all to recommend www.MuzaMoto.com parts and will be looking to see what else he comes up with.

Keep up the good work."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts