Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys my gen 1 build is well on the way im not going to start a build thread until im finished so ye can see it start to finish , it is time to start thinking about engine work now tho ,my question is what is the most relible power to be had from a gen 1, and what would ye do im not on a budget bt dont want to go mad either and longivity is a concern for me , so i throw the floor open :worship::worship:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The most reliable power to be had is keeping the motor stock. There is no free lunch. Any time you increase the power, you will reduce the life of the motor. That said, there are plenty of mods that won't affect relibility significantly. The question is how much power do you want and what do you do to get decent reliability from that power range? Also, are you racing in supersport classes or are you going superbike? That will determine your ability to modify or replace parts for better reliability.

·
Registered
221 Posts
+1 if you're in superstock your power gains are limited to jet kits and full exhaust and an air filter, if you're talkin super sport then get that budget mindset and throw it out haha

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Thousands of $$ for 10 to 20hp!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
+1 if you're in superstock your power gains are limited to jet kits and full exhaust and an air filter, if you're talkin super sport then get that budget mindset and throw it out haha
Supersport also lets you do cam timing and compression bump (but not by piston). And depending who you race with, total loss ignition, lightened everything, and ram air is fair game too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts