Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
馃槀馃憣 lol okay I feel it.

Hey another thing, lol,

So as of now I'm thinking of pulling a few dents out of the tank and painting it, do you gotta do somthing before you sand it? Cant it catch fire by static or some crazy $#*t?

Super Moderator
So by "superbike" and "race bike" it means he did it but not including the wiring to allow for turn signals, brake lights or anything?
superbike tail = 1 unit with foam pad for the seat. there is no separate "seat" per se, he's sitting on the bodywork.
race bike =fiberglass bodywork with no interest in how solidly it's mounted (it doesn't matter) and no lights or any of that bullshit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Ahhhh, see I saw somthing like that on ebay, had all the back end with no seat but no lights either. Any idea on where to get a seat cowl?

Super Moderator
seat cowl like the plastic passenger seat replacement? for a 1g that's a pretty rare part since there weren't that many sold then and nobody has made them in 15 years

Registered
New to SV world, bought a 2000 SV for track days. Anyone know if you can use a gen 2 rear subframe, tail section and seat on a gen 1 bike?

Super Moderator
New to SV world, bought a 2000 SV for track days. Anyone know if you can use a gen 2 rear subframe, tail section and seat on a gen 1 bike?
not directly. but if you're down for fab anything is possible.
what do you hope to gain by switching to a 2g subframe?
almost any track tail fits almost any subframe (just make some holes, maybe make some brackets,and use some zipties)

Registered
My current subframe is bent and not in the best of shape. I was thinking if I could pick up a second generation subframe relatively inexpensively it would make sense.

Super Moderator
you can get a 1g subframe pretty cheap too... and you're going to be cutting half of it off anyway for race tail

Registered
I'm open to anything. I asked about gen 2 only because I found a guy parting out a gen 2 SV. I'll keep looking

Super Moderator
ebay... fb groups... motopartssource.com or mad8v.com between these someone will have it

21 - 31 of 31 Posts