Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to swap the tail end off my SV if at all possible. I can't weld or do any fab work but, I hear you can throw a 02 GSXR sub fram with zero modifications? Help me out guys.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think you can. I don't have any memory of that being possible.

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
i dont think there are any subframes (except race ones) that you can mount without fab

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also seen alot of people mentioning the Ducati 696 rear subframe aswell, although I'm not sure why that one specifically, possibly measurements?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So by "superbike" and "race bike" it means he did it but not including the wiring to allow for turn signals, brake lights or anything?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay I read that thread over, I feel like he dosnt include much information on what year the parks are, any ideas?

Another thing, why is it so AMAZINGLY HARD to find a rear seat cowl for 1st gen SV's? Ebay has every year but 1st gen and online is bunk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wait are you looking for a different subframe or tail? You post asks about subframe but that quote you posted is a tail on stock subframe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, well, I didnt know the difference till you said that. I mean the back end, like from the seat down to the signals. I'd like the fairings to look a bit "newer" sleek.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only info I've found was searching "SV650 subframe swap" or " SV650 subframe modifications" if there is a better way to describe my concept better please lmk so I can look it up lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
The subframe is the metal that the plastic and everything bolts to. Unfortunately for you and I we have a 1G and there isn't much out there other than race stuff and that requires modification.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, man... well I had to try and look into it, I've seen some mean machines online. Also my SV has like 39000 miles on it, I love it and wanted to know how far I can take her, any idea on max miles?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea there's are some nice ones out there. Best bet is make a one off with some foam and fiberglass it over. I plan on doing that soon. I chopped my subframe but going back to stock subframe with a custom tail. Just gotta stop being lazy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think you're lazy I think you're being careful to not bite off more than you can handle and I respect that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh no it's definitely laziness. I'm fully capable. It's nothing I haven't done before. My car has been taking up my time.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts