Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just bought my first bike today - a yellow 2005 naked SV650.

It doesn't have frame sliders. I know I need to get them, but that's all I know.

What do I need to get? seems like at least two pairs one for front and one for back what about in between?

Is there any difference between brands?
Is this something I can install myself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Moto Sliders. They are the only thing I would trust my SV with and unfortunately/fortunately I have tested them out.

Yes, you can install them yourself as long as your mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
67 Posts
you really only need the main frame sliders. you can do swingarm and fork sliders if you really feel like it.

I have motosliders. they are the only design i know of with a through bolt design that replaces one of the factory motor mount bolts

it takes about 10 mins to do as long as you have 2 socket wrenches and 2 deep 19mm (i think) sockets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
you really only need the main frame sliders. you can do swingarm and fork sliders if you really feel like it.
The motosliders swingarm sliders saved a friend's chain and sprocket a few weeks ago. They're definitely worth throwing on too especially if you're going to be using a rear stand at all (built-in swingarm spools for the stand).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Panth has a good point. The best thing about the swingarm sliders aside from being necessary for a rear stand is they're cheap. I bought mine on ebay for $10 or so.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Panth has a good point. The best thing about the swingarm sliders aside from being necessary for a rear stand is they're cheap. I bought mine on ebay for $10 or so.
Very cheap insurance. And they're actually useful for maintenance!

·
Registered
67 Posts
dont get me wrong, I have swingarm sliders too. I was just saying that you need at least frame sliders. swing arm and fork sliders can be done separately if desired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts