Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a gel seat on their bike? I'm going to be looking into it this spring so I just getting some opinions on it. What did you guys pay for it if you did get it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
150 or so. rides great for me. it sits higher than corbin and sargent. only issue is it gets frickn hot when the suns on it and holds the heat a long time

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
I got about 2-3 hours riding in today... granted it was mostly in and around town but... d a m n.... The 2nd gen SV has an uncomfortable seat if you are on it for more than an hour or two... the position puts you right on the ass bones and it is not very comfortable...

My 99 was way better... but I dunno shelling out a couple hundred for a Corbin or a Seargent is a bit much... and I don't want the gel.. as mentionied they get too hot and sit too high...

I'd prefer to get a Corbin that lets me sit about an inch lower or so... perhaps after I've had the bike a while the stock one will soften up a little

Do you know if there is anything other than corbin or sargent for a more comfortable seat that lets you sit a little lower? If a suzuki Gel one did that for me and was comfortable, I could deal with the hot ass factor that gel seats seem to have a problem with..

·
Registered
647 Posts
agreed with the getting hot in the sun....but that is the only negative i have seen. i have done a couple 400 mile days and gotten on the bike the next morning and couldn't even tell i had ridden the day before. it is honestly one of the best mods i have done to the bike.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go and have Spencer redo your seat for $75. I sent mine out and got it back within a week... Coast to coast... Really big difference from stock! You won't be disappointed! Lots of other members have sent their seats to him.

Greatdaytoride.com

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Go and have Spencer redo your seat for $75. I sent mine out and got it back within a week... Coast to coast... Really big difference from stock! You won't be disappointed! Lots of other members have sent their seats to him.

Greatdaytoride.com

That will cost a fortune to ship down to the states, and have shipped back, plus get the work done... Might as well just get a corbin after all that...

The biggest issue with that is I can't ride my bike without the seat.. and the riding season is so short here I can't afford to give up a week waiting for it...

·
Registered
73 Posts
That will cost a fortune to ship down to the states, and have shipped back, plus get the work done... Might as well just get a corbin after all that...

The biggest issue with that is I can't ride my bike without the seat.. and the riding season is so short here I can't afford to give up a week waiting for it...

Didn't see you're in the Good North... Even so, shipping shouldn't be that much more. I shipped FedEx Super Saver both ways for $34 from Seattle to Florida + $75 for the work = $109. Don't think you could get a Corbin or Sargent for that. I sent it on a Thursday and got it back Monday. I had a Sargent and it wasn't even close to Spencers... He's the man.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
It'd probably be about $60 or so to ship it... but yeah I guess it is a lot less than a corbin... you could almost buy a lazyboy chair for the price of a corbin or seargent seat...

I'd have to buy another stock seat first though or do it in the winter I guess... shipping across the boarder is always at least a week even if it is shipped from somewhere close like north washingon state

Didn't see you're in the Good North... Even so, shipping shouldn't be that much more. I shipped FedEx Super Saver both ways for $34 from Seattle to Florida + $75 for the work = $109. Don't think you could get a Corbin or Sargent for that. I sent it on a Thursday and got it back Monday. I had a Sargent and it wasn't even close to Spencers... He's the man.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The seat on my 006 SV1000S is not as comfortable as the 003 SV650S. Not sure what it is but my butt gest tired around 80kms. The reach to the bars is further on the bigger bike and that may be the difference. So have been thinking about raising the bars a bit, and a more comfortable seat.
Would like to study bigger screens as well.
Have done much longer rides on the 650 without getting a sore butt.
Crusty

·
Registered
245 Posts
Suzuki gel seat is on. Cost $220-. Sits a bit higher than the stock seat. I think in dampens the vibration better. The vibration is more noticeable on the big bore bike. I can now ride 100 plus cliks okay. I put on the double bubble window and that is a bit better. Also put on softer grips as my hands are tingling. This is not a bike problem but a wrist problem. Will get them fixed someday. Heading to Kelowna next Tuesday. I think the helmets could be built differently so they create less noise. I might experiment with the old seat. My trade is upholstery, long time ago.
Crusty

·
Registered
245 Posts
Error above. The seat cost $189-. Rode 1100 cliks last week. Fairing and window are more effective than I first thought. Did 212 twice and 213 once.
Bike was still accelerating fast. Normal sitting was okay till about 165, then I need to tuck in. Had a tank bag and backpack on, plus a bag accross the rear seat. So not the best airodynamic shape. But the bike went dead straight. Honda V4 1300 had problems at around 190. Seat is much better than stock, but the 630 is still more comfortable. Could be the reach to the bars that makes the difference for me. I am vertically challenged ( ducks disease )
But for the higher speeds the extra reach is better when tucked in.
Crusty

·
Registered
11 Posts
i guess i will try that gel seat from spencer thanks for the info guys..
i have a bad lower back, i have ride true blue in town only and i am planing a trip for her to kamloops this summer..

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts