Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been answered before but I can't find anything comparing the two seats. Which one is better in your opinion? I can't affoard to do the Corbin or Sargeant right now so I see the original gel seat and the Great Day to Ride seat as my two choices. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
It's all going to be personal preference. I know a lot of people on here hate the Gel seat because it's raised and kind of firm, but then a few others love it. I got my seat done by Great Day to Ride and it's so much better than it was before. I can ride for hours now with no problem. It molds to you very quickly, but also doesn't prevent you from shifting on the seat in the twisties.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A little off topic here, and I know that I'm probably the oddball here, but I got a Sargent seat and had back problems with it. That 1" shorter seemed to put me into a position that just gave my lower back fits that I'd never had before. I gave it close to 1,000 miles and just couldn't get used to it. So my personal opinion is look for something that don't lose that seat height.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I bought a Sargent and really couldn't stand it, so you're not an oddball. I sold it, got my seat modded by Spencer, and never looked back.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
When I first got my bike my arse was killing me after a couple hours in the saddle. I stuck it out and now it doesn't bother me at all. Your arse will get used to it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
When I first got my bike my arse was killing me after a couple hours in the saddle. I stuck it out and now it doesn't bother me at all. Your arse will get used to it.
You're lucky. I never got used to the stock seat. I have a...*ahem* small rear end, and the stock saddle wasn't supportive enough for my bony a*s.

In either case, I got the OEM gel seat and freaking love it. I have no experience with the Spencer guys work, but I'm sure its also a massive improvement.

I did the swap at the same time I installed my Gixxer rear shock and can't decide which one is the best bang/buck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
__________________an old bicycle racing adage"comfort is only what you get used to" and you can get used to anything,having said that i like the height the gel saddle adds and think i might add some sheepskin to bump it up some more.6'2"tall

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
__________________an old bicycle racing adage"comfort is only what you get used to" and you can get used to anything,having said that i like the height the gel saddle adds and think i might add some sheepskin to bump it up some more.6'2"tall
A lot of riders here dont like the OEM gel seat. I have one and love it. I still use a removable sheepskin cover on it for long rides though.

I am 6'4" and that tad higher seat works for me also. Might be a problem for the vertically challenged though.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It adds height? Sign me up.

Anyone got a gel seat for a 2nd gen they want to sell?

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've have about 2 weeks on a gel seat. I like it, mos def better than stock. More comfy for longer rides. It can get hot if you park outside under the sun. A cover of some kind can fix that. Mine with a cover was about 65 so im happy with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've have about 2 weeks on a gel seat. I like it, mos def better than stock. More comfy for longer rides. It can get hot if you park outside under the sun. A cover of some kind can fix that. Mine with a cover was about 65 so im happy with that.
Where did you find it? I'm looking for one for my '01 thought they were out of production!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a great day to ride seat and it is comfy for trips. The longest I spend at one time is about 120 miles, then I usually take a break. I think it is well worth the cost.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am very happy with my spencer seat mod. It took about 500 miles to get real comfy but once it broke in I was very pleased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts