Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem that others might have had so would be nice to get some advice. :) I got new Sidi Vertigo Rain boots and did a small test ride in them on my SV yesterday... I could not shift up in those. :( Granted I'm a newbie, but i just could not fit the foot under the lever unless I sit on the tank and the riding position becomes uncomfortable. Is it the boots need to break in? Or I need to sit on the tank? Or... I'm 6'1" with long legs if it matters.

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adjustment the lever. And also your boots need to get broken in before youll get full mobility
thanks. is there a how-to "adjust the lever" around somewhere?

also i was looking for some book for sv that could help to do the work on the bike... you know... those with the pictures of all the parts and how they are assembled together and where are located with the parts numbers. can i buy one fro ma dealer? any other nice/must have books about sv i need to have?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Loosen the lock nuts (#37 and #34) and rotate the gear shift rod (#29) back and forth for minor adjustments. For larger adjustments, remove the gear shift link pinch bolt (#36) and rotate the gear shift link (#27) back and forth as many teeth as you need and re secure it on the gear shift shaft (not pictured). To maintain easy shifting, try and have the arm on the gear shift link and the small arm sticking down from the shift pedal as parallel to each other as possible. Make sure you tighten the lock nuts on the gear shift rod and the gear shift link pinch bolt when you're done to prevent some fun road side repairs which I may or may not have experience last week. On a completely unrelated topic, always carry duct tape.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys! i'll give it a month... if after that it's still a problem i'll adjust the lever. DT310, is there a book with that picture that u posted that contains such pics for all other parts of the bike?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Great link, DT 310. Thanks, I'm sure that that'll come in handy someday!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts