Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I have a 1st gen SV, so I know what the GPS on my bike looks like. I'm looking for a friendly soul to help me out here with their second gen bikes.

If you know off hand - how many contact points are there on the GPS? Is there one for each gear?

If you do not know and are willing to help (Will take you less than 5 minutes to do this.): Remove the front sprocket cover - you'll see the gear position sensor with a wire coming out of it and held on by two screws/bolts. Just unscrew it - no oil will drip out, look at it - take a pic if possible and post it here, please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Maritan

It has (looking at the manual) 7 contacts total, 6 in a hex pattern and one in the center. If you're talking about the electrical connector, I believe there's just three wires (from memory), one power 5V, one ground, one signal to ECU. I have the resistances of each gear that I measured; if you're interested I can send them later tonight. I don't have webspace to attach images but I can email you a screenshot image if you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts