Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope you all doing great. My gear indicator has started jumping between 1st and 2nd gear when im in first gear, time to time. Looks like it actually stays in correct 1st gear but only indicates otherwise, like when there is some intermittent connection or faulty sensor. The bike has 6k km and rest works well. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem. Did you resolve it?
I'm a visitor from the UK site and thought I'd mention my experience with the flickering gear indicator. I have owned a 2016 AL7 from new and the indicator started flickering 2 or 3 years ago (it's currently at 34k miles).
The switch is expensive (it cost me £110 3 years ago) and is a sealed plastic unit so cannot be cleaned, it sits in oil splash anyway. I did try spraying it with contact cleaner in the hope some would penetrate (it didn't). In their wisdom Suzuki fed its wires behind a metal plate and to remove that the generator cover needs to be removed so I bought a new gasket (another £12 or so).

However: I started parking the bike in 1st gear everytime it is left and I haven't had an issue since so the new parts are in a cupboard (just in case).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts