Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I race a 2000 SV650 and am experiencing false neutrals when downshifting during engine braking into corners. Possibly bent forks in the gear box??? I'm looking at a rebuild. I need some guidance with parts needed and general procedure. Engine pull and split the case??? Any recommended builders that could do this work near Illinois?

Thanks, Matt
CCS Expert #95

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
mditka86 said:
I race a 2000 SV650 and am experiencing false neutrals when downshifting during engine braking into corners.  Possibly bent forks in the gear box???  I'm looking at a rebuild.  I need some guidance with parts needed and general procedure.  Engine pull and split the case???  Any recommended builders that could do this work near Illinois?

Thanks,  Matt 
CCS Expert #95
Matt, you won't know till you get in there, but wear on the shift forks and shift drum is most likely the problem. Make sure you replace all those parts, even if they look ok. Check the dogs on the gears for wear, and replace those too if there's any doubt.
It's not cheap but the best solution is to by new forks and shift drum and then send everything off to someone who knows how to properly undercut, shim and bush the the transmission. We use MRE, they do great work, but I'm sure there's others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts