Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comments here: http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165184

2005 SV650 bought with 8200 miles. It already had a shortened FMF slip-on muffler and Pilot Power tires.

After failing at a wheelie, one of my customers suggested I call the bike 'Divine Wind' which I thought was SO appropriate! :eek:ccasion14:

I got myself a pair of mirrors and a set of decals:

Kamikaze!

Then I got some MotoElite bar end mirrors, an eBay belly pan painted with spray bedliner, an eBay hugger and some Pilot Road 2 tires:

Tried a BoRkA headlight and decided it wasn't for me and got some Suburban Machinery Type 2 bars and some matching grips and then...CLONK! The carport I tried to hide my bike under collapsed and dented the tank!

Had it repaired, but the paint didn't quite match, so I plasti-dipped the bike white (and black)!

A local paint shop offered an end of the season paint deal and I just got the tins back and they look fantastic! Landric's Customs FTW!

I have to get some decals made and attached and reassemble the bike with new grips before I take a few pictures. Stay tuned!

I have a Penske shock and Racetech springs and Gold Valve emulators that need to be installed as soon as the bike is back together and a vanity plate request to submit.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should sit down now...

Drumroll please... :rimshot:

Here is the tank now:

...and at night with a flash:

Huge thanks to Landric's Customs for the awesome paint job and to Sign Logic for the awesome vinyl!

The fenders will go back on after the suspension work is done.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Popped her out of the screen room for a quick run and some pictures. Last night I recovered the passenger seat with white vinyl.

She needs a bath, a wax, and apparently the chain lube I put on before storage wasn't enough, so I need a new, new chain (D'oh!)

The more I look at it, the more I think it needs a red gas cap.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recently I've added:

A cup holder :eek:ccasion14: that I found at Wal-Mart
Galfer HH front pads from SVRP - Love!
Galfer Organic rear pads from SVRP

And Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires. I am really enjoying these new tires. I'll probably enjoy them less when I get my first speeding ticket. :vroom:

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another set of Power 3s put on just before 44,000 miles, along with new head bearings, nucular steering damper mount with GSX-R damper, and another 15/45 525 chain and sprockets.

Just in time for a TRACK DAY!

·
MOTORADOR
10,817 Posts
Congrats GC!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts