Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I forgot how much I like the look of that shortened fmf pipe. And that teaser is looking pretty damn good. Kinda glad to see you stuck with white, looks great with the black and red.

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dangeranger,wait till you see it all together. ;)

SlvrDragon50, the plasti-dip looks good in pictures, not so much in real life if I'm being totally honest.

I did not do the repair myself. While I am quite capable mechanically, I simply don't have the patience to do body work.

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
Banzaaaaaaai!!!

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
That is awesome, love the reflective... sticker or paint?? That is a really cool idea.

If it was me: the next two "to do's" paint the belly pan white and black powder coat the shiny parts (lower forks, rear sets, brake lever, headlight braket, radiator side covers, maybe engine cover if your ambitious) just my opinion though. Wish I was ambitious enough to give my baby a work over.

Lookin good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! It's a really expensive, really intricate sticker.

I'm actually going to stick with black fenders and belly pan. We'll see how I feel about the small bits when spring rolls around.

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you going to do the vinyl wrap on the tail too? I think it would round out the look nicely,
:eek:ccasion14:No. I thought about wrapping the tail by continuing the rays from the tank, but, I mean, look at how the rays wrap around the tank and start to lose the spread. Imagine that wrapped around the much more aggressive shape of the tail.

If the folds in the front of the passenger seat start to really bug me, I might have the rising sun put there, but that is not a DIY job to me.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I think I saw a pic of your bike some where else on the forum once before. I have to admit i wasn't wild about the red on the tank. Seeing how it kind of changes color with lighting is amazing! I have a whole new respect for the red now.

I like the mods you have too, very tasteful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts