Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I searched around on the forums for awhile without any luck. I purchased a 00' SV650 this winter and it is getting warm enough for me to play around a bit. The tach needle is gone, not a big deal. But, the more I look at the gauge the less I like it and the more I want it gone. I read that several members just took them off. I don't have much experience in this area and was wondering if anyone has put together some instructions or something similar on this topic. Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't plan on putting another speedo on for awhile. I mostly drive in town with a lot of cars so I can judge myself off of them. I would sell my cluster but the tach chrome backing is missing as well as the tach needle itself. Everything else is pretty good. But my question is, can I take the cluster off without worrying about my ignition or any other electrical problems and if so has anyone built a guide for it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't beleive that you will have any issues. The cluster just unplug from behind. with the TT vapor you do not use most of the wires from that plug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so I took a crack at it and had the cluster off, pigtails disconnected, and everything back together in about 20 minutes. I was pretty amazed at how simple it was. Checked to make sure all my electronics were still good to go and took her for a spin. Let me tell you, I was amazed at how free it feels to not have a speedo in place. It is kinda like when you are somewhere you can't bring your phone for an extended period of time; at first you're weary and it feels odd but after awhile it is rather relieving. Now I'm not sure if I'm going to put one back on :p.

P.S.: for anyone interested, the gauge cluster works but is far from perfect. The chrome backing on the tach is gone, as is the tach needle, and the internal tach plastic housing (white stuff underneath where the chrome should be) is cracked. I doubt I'll be using it, anyone interested?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts