Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks I have a 2006 SV1000s - Originally I had a gas leak from the small tube between the throttle bodies when the bike was cold.

I replaced the offending loose clamp, problem solved...

BUT... now the "FI" light stays on, the idle is high and the engine seems to be running hot... HELP!

*Also - the shop where I had the oil changed overfilled the case by almost a 3/4 quart, had to drain it and my antifreeze resevoir was empty - took care of all that hoping it was the actual issue w the FI light and high idle speed...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
OK, I've seen your post now in 3 different locations, let me try posting here.

I've done the leaking hose clamp fix, make sure you buttoned everything up correctly. Make sure every connector and hose your removed to do the fix is connected correctly. It's easy to forget a connector or hose putting everything back together.

When you say running hot, what do you mean? A bike will run hot just idling, it will run at 220 degrees all day long that way. Does it run hot while at steady speed? What is the temperature?

How high is the idle? Is this after warmup?

No coolant in the reservoir? Did you also check the radiator as well? Make sure to take the coolant cap off and check for coolant.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You may also have an air bubble in the cooling system if you indeed got low enough on coolant.
That may also explain the high idle if the temp sensor is dry it will not see the true running temp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thank for the input - I went through the entire breakdown process again, all the way down to the tube, then put it all back together slowly - problem solved! May have not tightened down a connection properly the first time... Thanks, sometimes it's the simple details... P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts