Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just got my Galfer 1054 brake pads in, but the thing is I ordered a set of these for my rear brake, but when I got the shipment there was TWO sets of 1054 brake pads in there, I'm wondering if they did the shipment wrong and sent me 2 thinking that I was replacing the front brakes.

Do I have to return the Galfer 1054 brake pads or will they work on my rear break too?

Or maybe.... I GOT A SET FOR FREE?! ;D

I have a 2003 Sv650s

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just got my Galfer 1054 brake pads in, but the thing is I ordered a set of these for my rear brake, but when I got the shipment there was TWO sets of 1054 brake pads in there, I'm wondering if they did the shipment wrong and sent me 2 thinking that I was replacing the front brakes.

Do I have to return the Galfer 1054 brake pads or will they work on my rear break too?

I have a 2003 Sv650s
What does you reciept say? Did you pay for both?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the invoice they sent me via email stated that it was for 1 set of galfer pads for the rear brake so i was charged for one

i didn't receive a invoice in the box where the brake pads came in...

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
the invoice .. stated that it was for 1 set of Galfer pads for the rear brake so i was charged for one...

:) Hey good buddy, the 1054 is the black pad, semi-metallic, great for the rear on your bike,

If your bike is SV650 Gen 1 the pad number is 111, if your bike is Gen 2 SV650 the pad number is 134,

It looks like they mis-shipped and sent you 2,

Let me know me know whenever you need performance parts for your bike, I will look after you right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heya blair!

ooo soo i did get two sets of rear break pads, they are marked 134 so i assume this is the correct one (2nd gen)

i have the 2003 sv650s and i know that year sometimes uses 1st gen parts (ie the rearset) so i do have the RIGHT rear brake pad right?

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
heya blair!

ooo soo i did get two sets of rear break pads, they are marked 134 so i assume this is the correct one (2nd gen)

i have the 2003 sv650s and i know that year sometimes uses 1st gen parts (ie the rearset) so i do have the RIGHT rear brake pad right?
:) 134 pads are the right rear pads for your bike,

Blair

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

Ha ha! That'd be sweet! Unfortunately the 1054 number is a reference to the type of compound, and not the fitment, but it'll be pretty apparent when you compare them to the old ones :)

As an aside, if you feel the need to trick up your front brakes at some stage, could be worth checking out The Twin Works Factory. Apparently they have a new caliper mount in stock, to mount 4 and 6 piston calipers from GSXRs and Superhawks etc... Looks like they can optionally come with second hand calipers of your choice supplied with the mounts, and have a range of pad compounds available which they match to your riding style.

Looks like a pretty good design; they actually position the pad to the disc correctly unlike some of the existing options that are on the market... should make them popular with racers who're looking for the most performance possible, which obviously a bad fitting pad won't deliver.

Best of all the price is looking pretty sharp :)

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
Looks like a pretty good designt... should make them popular with racers who're looking for the most performance possible,

:) Of course these Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets have been avaiable for the past year from SV Racing Parts, In Partnership with Adam from England,who originally proposed the design.

This is all well docmented, here on the forum,.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=88262

Blair

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Yeah, I had a look at those, but the pads don't quite meet the disc perfectly. It's minor, not really a safety issue, but a small performance issue... if I were racing an SV650, I know which I'd choose. Mind you, the price difference makes it a non issue in any case.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I have developed caliper adaptors in the past, and that's my opinion. If you'd like to discuss it further you're welcome to start another thread, I think this one has been jacked sufficiently. I'm not sure what 'nice try' means, but I see you've removed it from your post for some reason..?

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
... And the SV Racing Parts, Price is $75 Shipped, anywhere in the USA, ...
Hmm - so this is not the real price? ($120)
So which is it - you don't know what your selling price actually is - or you've dropped it in light of a competitive alternative?

Edit - Oh wow - 2 mins after my post (before this edit) the EBay ad I referenced changes from $120 to $75 then again to $65
Almost half the price they were 2 days ago.
Says lot about your previous margin :rolleyes:
Too bad for those who paid the $120 I guess.

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
I have developed caliper adaptors in the past, and that's my opinion. If you'd like to discuss it further you're welcome to start another thread, I think this one has been jacked sufficiently. I'm not sure what 'nice try' means, but I see you've removed it from your post for some reason..?

:) Considering you are the one who posted on an resolved question with your news flash on the copy of the SV Racing Parts, Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets, I agree that this thread was definitely jacked enough,

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
:) Of course these Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets have been avaiable for the past year from SV Racing Parts, In Partnership with Adam from England,who originally proposed the design.

This is all well docmented, here on the forum,.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=88262

Blair
looks like you copied the idea 2 since I have had a set since before you turned up http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=34288 well before a year ago

and here so you must have copied high speed assault huh?http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...458#post905458

·
Vendor
9,954 Posts
looks like you copied the idea 2 since I have had a set since before you turned up http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=34288 well before a year ago

and here so you must have copied high speed assault huh?http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=905458#post905458

:) Do your homework, Adam from SV650.org is the person you are referring to in your post, and he is my partner in the Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets,

The thread you refer to is about him making the up, and that thread then displayed our product,

The SV Racing Parts, Brake Caliper Adapter Brackets, are not copies on anyones,

They are the design Adam came up with and SV Racing Parts refined and produces as the copyright holder, and authorized manufacturer.

Enjoy the ride and best regards,
Blair

1 - 20 of 45 Posts