Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have any pictures, as I just picked the bike up last night, but I got a pretty good deal on a copper '03 SV650S. It replaces my FZ6.

The speedo is wonky, and I searched here and found out about the front-wheel sensor issue; I'll pull the wheel and see if that thing is off.

It already has some good RaceTech work done to the suspension. As it's going to be replacing my FZ as my streetbike (I already have a track bike or three), I'll be picking up some bags, lowers, risers, and a more upright-friendly windscreen where I can find them for cheap. ;)

My hubby already has an SV1000S; I just hope it won't look like we were trying to match. :rolleyes:

As I don't have any pics of the bike yet, here is the one it replaces and its new stablemate:

And the '03 SVN I had a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Welcome to the site. And welcome back to SV ownership. This cheap little budget bike is hard to beat. At least you got a better color this time. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No hate. I just know that blue is prettier. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the site. your sv's should match pretty good i would think. check mine out!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157616047741679/
2003 Sv 1000s. Its my first Sv too! but i had to put the whole bike together. It was a police - theft recovery so the whole bike was in pieces. but she is whole now. Just glad i got it traded my 01' Katana 600 for it haha. The Sv rides sooooo much better

·
Chief Greeter
28,472 Posts
Hi Roadstergal, Welcome to SVR. I like the copper color SV's.

Post a pic of it when you have time.

Have fun and ride safe.

:fiddy:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just picke up a 05 Sv650s with 10,000 on it last week the guy I got it from dropped t and cracked the left side fairing and has some rash on right also it could use a set of tires also.But i only paid $1800 I thought it was a good deal what do you guys think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank y'all! I won't have it out for pics until I do a few things to it - new chain and sprockets, oil and brake fluid change, speedo fix. It's definitely a little less show and more go than the yaller one. I'm getting old in my old age.

Is this the pic you're thinking of? Not quite a battleship... ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Roadstergal - Welcome back to SV ownership, you definitely picked the right color ;D to start back with. SO hubby (Slydrite <did I spell that right) gonna sign up over here too LOL - Definitely a different place than the BARF for sure LOL

PS
I'm the guy that bought the SV front seat from you 2 a while back.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thank y'all! I won't have it out for pics until I do a few things to it - new chain and sprockets, oil and brake fluid change, speedo fix. It's definitely a little less show and more go than the yaller one. I'm getting old in my old age.

Is this the pic you're thinking of? Not quite a battleship... ;)

Ha, yeah that's the one! Yeah not a tanker either lol... I saw those pics looking up '04 yellows before I picked up my 04 yellow SVS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yellow is my second favorite color in an SV. :)

Navy - of course I remember! ;) No, he's not so forum-happy as I am, and he can read over my shoulder for 1K info every now and then. :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The only pic I have - it's up on the table right now getting a cleanup and some maintenance. And a stickerectomy while I'm at it. Givi racks on the way...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts