Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June 4th this year marks the 4th anniversary of being a rider for me, so I'm going for a long ride. You are more than welcome to join me, and celebrate!

On June 4th, 2013, I bought my SV650 - and never looked back. It was my first street bike after a long life of wishing, and it's been great so far. This year, the 4th falls on a Sunday, so I'm going to take advantage and go riding. My planned route is Hwy 2 (ACH) from Flintridge to Big Pines, head west towards Littlerock, and come back over Angeles Forest Road and Big Tujunga Canyon Road, coming out in Sunland-Tujunga.

Meetup will be the Shell Station at the entrance to ACH, 7:45am (Yes, I know it's early.)
4530 Angeles Crest Hwy, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011

KSU 8am

All rider levels welcome. Fast guys are welcome to run ahead, I'll be running a moderate pace. Slower riders are welcome, if turnout is low, my pace will be reduced to something anyone can keep up with safely, but be sure to ride your own pace.
Wear full gear.

Possible detours if people are interested:
* The view at the Mt Wilson Observatory is wonderful, and it's a nice ride to get to, adds about 45 minutes.
* Break at Newcombs, of course.
* Lunch on the backside of the Angeles Crest perhaps in Littlerock.

Rough route posted, subject to change. Only 116 miles, but most of it curvy.

Care to come out and play?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I relocated to Ventura in late 2015. Recently got my bike out here, and now getting back into riding. Shoot me a message if you're ever making your way towards Malibu/Oxnard/Ventura/Ojai!

·
MOTORADOR
10,781 Posts
How was the ride?

Here's for many more years of safe miles :buddies:

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ride was great. Trying to find time to process the video I took (lots of miles, and I've not really done editing before...) My GoPro knockoff wasn't mounted quite high enough, either.

Started out with 8 people, one had a mechanical, stopped to assist at a downed rider as we were early on scene, 3 more riders headed home from that point, finished the ride with 4. About 120 miles of mostly twisties in some of the finest scenery in SoCal. Did find a couple of safe stretches to open 'er up, max velocity was 123 indicated, slightly uphill. (Roughly 110 actual after 10% error.)

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and some low-life stole my slip-on the night before. Started to cook my foot on the way to the meetup point, sent a buddy to an Autozone for a chrome tip to hold me over. She's really LOUD right now.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
That actually looks pretty good. I wonder if you could fit a baffle in it?
The ride route looks nice too. Happy anniversary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts