Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
old lady pulled out in front of me. i was doing 45. swerved, layed down, missed her by an inch. thanks motorcycle riding training. spread the word on motorcycle awareness. especially to 85 year olds named Fran. i had m pants, boots, jacket, gloves, helmet, back pack. bike is easily totalled. forks are effed. every piece of plastic on it if effed. hit the curb and looks like it bent the swingarms. i am alright though. major bruises and scrapes between my waist and chest where my jacket started to slide up. f****** old people.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
layed down, missed her by an inch. thanks motorcycle riding training.
Sorry to hear about your crash, glad to hear that nothing major is messed up on you. Out of curiosity, which training program advocates "laying down" the bike rather than continuing to brake/avoid?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
glad your alright. So is her insurance going to pay for it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Judging by the situation, glad to hear your alright.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah that sucks man but be thankful you're not seriously injured. The bike can always be replaced, that's what insurance is for. I'm a strong believer that after a certain age drivers should be evaluated/tested at frequent intervals. Many elderly individuals simply to not have the faculties to operate a vehicle on the streets.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah...where's the laydown training? I must have missed that day.

Glad you're OK and sorry you toasted your sled. That's really a bummer. One thing I have learned in my years is I watch who is at the helm of the vehicle any where near me. If I see a little blue-haired granny or old-timer gentleman, I stay the hell away from them. It gos without saying, their eyesight sucks as does their reaction and comprehension time. Like most cars, I EXPECT them to do something incredibly stupid.

And go easy on the elderly. I know they can't drive for sh!t and it sucks you had such a run in but you'll be there someday....if one of them doesn't run your ass down! :lmao:

·
Registered
286 Posts
glad you're ok... I'm assuming road conditions did not justify a swerve? I always see if I can swerve then lowside. Obvisouly high sidding is out of the question.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
And go easy on the elderly. I know they can't drive for sh!t and it sucks you had such a run in but you'll be there someday....if one of them doesn't run your ass down! :lmao:

Yeah, and when I get there, I fully expect somebody to pull the keys from my hand before my lack of ability kills another.

We don't allow 12 year olds to drive because they aren't able to do it safely. Why should we let the old?

[\rant off[]

That oughtta buff right out.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The comments are gonna flood so I'll get mine in quick. What's this lowside sh!t? Learn how to brake and swerve for Christ's sake! If you got time to even consider putting your bike on the ground, you got time to stop.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah, and when I get there, I fully expect somebody to pull the keys from my hand before my lack of ability kills another.

Sounds about right but you think you'll be handing them over quietly? :D

Naw....you'll be kicking and screaming like a little baby with a load in his diaper. Chances are, you'll probably have a load in your diaper! :lmao:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I think that after a certain point, they should _only_ be allowed to operate 2-wheeled vehicles.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Glad you're alright. Sorry to hear about the bike. I hope insurance is good to you. Don't let these guys rag on you too hard about laying it down. I am not advocating laying a bike down- It's always best to try to keep the wheels on the ground and avoid the wreck, but NONE of them were there in that moment. When (God Forbid) one of them wrecks hopefully no one will give them a hard time about it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The comments are gonna flood so I'll get mine in quick. What's this lowside sh!t? Learn how to brake and swerve for Christ's sake! If you got time to even consider putting your bike on the ground, you got time to stop.
Not sure what you meant... but... you brake OR swerve, but never brake AND swerve at the same time in an emergency situation.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Out of curiosity...did granny gun it into the road in front of you? I don't think i've ever seen an elder driver do anything quickly....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Afterwards did she come over and kiss your boo boo and make it all better!

jk lol that sucks!

1 - 20 of 128 Posts