Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who cares about the new FZ1.  This guy made his own out of a R1. Totally killer. I think he did better than the Yamaha engineers by a long shot.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Gimme a second to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I don't know what it is about that bike, but I really like it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
looks cool, never seen those mirrors before.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ruefus said:
Eh....no thanks.  The lower fairing edge looks like exactly what it is - unfinished.
I agree, just removing the lowers and boting on a tubular bar doesnt do it for me either. And he did it to that killer color scheme too.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i think it would look much better if he left of the fairing and put on a suitable headlight. a naked r1 would look awesome!

i think the mirrors are motrax. weezerKDI has them on his bike in silver.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tonyjuliano said:
I agree, just removing the lowers and boting on a tubular bar doesnt do it for me either.  And he did it to that killer color scheme too.
It's not the original R1 fairing. It's an FZ1 fairing with the bottom trimmed straight across to clear the radiator.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just hack off that ridiculous looking upper and put on a plain headlight - BAM. Perfect.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Thats a **** look, very similar to a SVS with naked conversion bars.......

·
Registered
123 Posts
im not a huge yamaha fan but if they made that bike....sign me up. that thing is sick. btw are there naked conversion kits 4 the r1?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Yamaha parts for the naked headlight pod for FZ6 and or FZ1 is about $600 worth of parts. I have all the part numbers for this FZ6 pod if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Do what the guy at the Dragon did last year to his FZ-1. Strip the stock fairing, attach a round headlight and put on some Acerbis handguards (then mount the mirrors inside them.

I need to find the pics - 'cause it was killer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
wow that looks terrible. nothing uglier than making a half naked bike out of a bike that should NEVER be naked. the R1 is a work of art and should not be hacked apart by amateurs. not to mention that "fairing" looks WAY unfinished and completely ridiculous

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
toobrokeforthat said:
What happened to each his own and let people do what they want?
Alive and quite well. As is the right to poke fun and disagree with it.

'snever been suggested one couldn't/shouldn't - just that some wouldn't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a new FZ1, but the claimed 150 horsepower engine might scare me off. I don't want nor think I can handle a bike with that much horsepower.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I like the FZ1 because of it's upright ergos, comfortable seat and bigger than your average sportbike windscreen. That one does nothing for me. Now if they can get that thing comfortable, keep the suspension and still keep it as lightweight as an R1, rowr.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts