Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kindle Fire on the back of my bike!

Tell me I'm not the only idiot...

What have you ridden off with, without securing?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
Erm, I don't think we can save it...

Sorry to hear about your fallen friend. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks like every electronic device my sister touches. She's 17 and has had like 12 cameras, 2 ipod touches (the current one has a screen that is cracked), around 8 cell phones, etc... I keep telling my parents to stop buying her that ****. I get her books and socks for christmas. Why waste money :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
That'll buff right out.............NOT. :( That sucks. What a shame and a tough way to learn. Those ain't exactly inexpensive either.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I don't mean to be insensitive, but, that's pretty neat looking!

But to answer your question, no I don't ride with things not strapped or in a pocket. Problem is when standing still I have dropped all sorts like my helmet, phone, camera, gps, sunglasses, gloves, etc. you name a device I have ever fiddled with while even near my bike and I can probably remember a time that I dropped it. :facepalm: I've not done that in a long while except for glasses and gloves, but I am keenly aware of the possibility and resist the urge to f around with stuff while seated on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Doesn't anyone use books anymore?

·
Registered
41 Posts
:-[ That looks rough. My bike fell over on my helmet once. That was actually OK because the helmet was cheap and it prevented any bad damage to the bike.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A few times while riding with sunglasses on inside my helmet, I have removed them due to it getting dark or overcast while still riding. I had clipped them over the throttle cable housing with the lenses facing upward (IDK if that description makes sense or not) and facing toward the rider. I did this a good 10-15, maybe even 20x while riding over the past few years with the last few pairs of Oakleys I've had.

One Sunday morning I left the house riding to church with my glasses on inside my helmet, decided it was too overcast to need them and clipped them on the throttle housing like I had a dozen other times. Then I get to the church and realize they are gone. I felt pretty stupid after that...

Oh well, I kinda figure some kid found them somewhere along the route where they likely fell off and is rockin them now.
Lesson learned for this guy.

And after reading thru the GoPro thread a bit yesterday I am going to fashion a tether for my GPS before I head off on my trip at the end of next week for sure!!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man. Nah, my poor, poor baby is smashed. It was run over. I called my wife from work at 5:30am (she wasn't happy) and told her that she needed to drive around and look for it.

She finally spotted it in the middle of a busy road face down with the case a few feet away.

Funnily enough it still turns on (the tenacity!) but yeah, every part of it is a loss.

The biggest problem was that I had all of our ultrasound pictures (of the baby on the way) tucked into a pocket of the case, so I'm really happy that we retreaved those.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I just lost my solo cowl two sundays ago riding hard core in the backwoods...I have a habit of checking it as soon as I pull off to make sure it's on there tight...wasn't quite in the habit that Sunday...

Me and a few friends spent about 20 minutes riding up and down the road trying to find that *******...with no success. My guess is that a gust of wind caught it and tossed it over one of the cliffs we were riding next to.

More than one of my helmets has taken a face plant off of my bike while parked also...just can't seem to find that sweet spot that it will stay on!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good ridance. now you can ride you bike and not waste your time on that reading bullshiat
Maybe, but I had twist of the wrist II in book AND movie format, more proficient motorcycling, sv shop manual, tt 3d closer to the edge and I had a YouTube downloader so I had a library of videos that I'll never be able to find again. Plus I read that due to a conflict with YouTube you can't even get that app anymore.

Yeah, this sucks, but the stories are making me feel a little better.

:p

·
Registered
847 Posts
Maybe, but I had twist of the wrist II in book AND movie format, more proficient motorcycling, sv shop manual, tt 3d closer to the edge and I had a YouTube downloader so I had a library of videos that I'll never be able to find again. Plus I read that due to a conflict with YouTube you can't even get that app anymore.

Yeah, this sucks, but the stories are making me feel a little better.

If it still turns on, can't you just dump that info to your PC? If you have a smart phone, your Kindle library should be able to be accessed there as well.

·
MOTORADOR
10,993 Posts
Sent from my shattered Kindle Fire using the Motorcycle app.

Bwahahahaha

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sent from my shattered Kindle Fire using the Motorcycle app.

Bwahahahaha

Cute. Actually I requested that they put the mc app on the Amazon store a couple of times, but they still haven't.

I wasted 3 bucks on the tapatalk app hoping svrider would be listed. It was! But it was the German svrider, and some other foreign sv sites. Blah... the only decent one (for me) was advrider.

Amaff~ I'd have no idea how to do that. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
7,649 Posts
I rode off with my glasses on the back seat--well, they didn't stay there for long.

30 minutes later, I realized they were gone. Knowing that my night vision is especially terrible without my glasses, we elected to ride to the nearest Lenscrafters and buy a new pair.

Several hours later, I found them in the parking lot where we had met up. Unfortunately, they had been run over.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts