Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through a supplier catalog, and came across an interesting fuse block setup. Its a waterproof system, and would provide 3 curcuits. if there is enough interest (have to sell about 30 of them to make the order worthwile) it would be about $10 shipped, maybe less

just gauging interest right now

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'd be down for at least 2, but at the low of a price, how much are they without a group buy?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Dang it. I just bought all the parts to make a 6 circuit.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
subscribing

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be down for at least 2, but at the low of a price, how much are they without a group buy?
the place where i am ordering from has minumums on each part like 100 connector pins, 10 caps, 10 bodies, 100 seals, and 50 seal retainers. I haven't seen these anywhere else, so i don't really know how much they would go for. if i can get to 50 of them. i should be able to get down to $7 (postage and boxes is the killer)

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And i havent priced out wiring them yet, at this price, you still have to provide wiring(i'm ordering bulk wire as well, just haven't decided on the grade yet)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Looks like a neat little device...but, maybe I'm not grasping exactly how it works. 6 wires go in, so is that only 2 devices (1 pos and 1 neg per device) plus 1 pos and 1 neg to battery? seems a bit overly complicated to just connect 2 circuits. if it is 3, that would be worthwhile. better pics or maybe a bit better explaination as to how this wires together would be helpful. I'm potentially in for 1 or possibly 2. Is it fused? what's the little diode circuit board for? What gauge wire can be used? are the little plug ends for the wires included?

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually 3 positives go in, and 3 positives come out, there is no grounding block in it. the diode in the picture is an option, basicly the fuse plugs into that same spot. You could use a second one for grounding if i bought the connection bars (they are .50 a peice, min 10) and definatly will discount shipping for multiple units. i'll try to draw up a wiring diagram here in a minuite after my install is done

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
ah, ok, now I get it. 3 fused circuits, the fuses fit in the plug cap. does it use regular mini blades, or some kinda tiny proprietary fuses? you can get regular mini blades anywhere...proprietary fuses would make things a little less appetizing. I'll be in for 1 (fused) almost for sure...maybe up to 3 if you can get the common bars, too. My accessory wiring is currently a rat's nest mess of inline fuses and relays and a stack of crimp-on ring tabs on the battery...and sometimes I have weird issues crop up, like the radio occasionally cutting out when the heated grips are turned off (weird gremlin...maybe something to do with a common ground, I dunno). I've been wanting to clean things up, and I think this would really do the trick!

pic is great, that really clears it up. thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it uses ATM style fuses ( i think thats the same as the sv)

I may even order some mounting clips for them and just include them (they are 15 cents) just saw them in the catolouge

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I'd be interested in one. Put me on the list.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts