Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering two pipes for my 07 sv650. The race mount full M4 and the "full" ( I put this in quotes because it looks like the last 6 inches of the rear header of OEM is reused) Yoshimura TRS.

My priorites are 1) performance and 2) weight. I can't find dyno number on the Yoshimura. Any one have data on performance or weight?

Also, if someone has the "high mount" Yoshimura on the 2nd generation, can they post a picture.

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
i have the full exausht yosh, standard mount though, but make sure wtv u get, get a power commander or an equivalent, when I bought the bike I have now, it alrdy had the full system with power commander but it wasnt configured right(mapped). The throttle gets weird and isnt precise(kinda lags), after I uploaded the good stuff through the power commander, it runs a LOT smoother, more precise, you can feel better power delivery thus lot more enjoyable to drive ...

i think either would be very similar in performance and weight, it all comes down to which you think sounds and look best for you.

P.S, what I dont like about yosh full system is the "rust" look that builds up on them as time goes by(only on the headers)... im not 100% sure but ive been told that its a yosh thing for full systems.... but u probably have the full fairing so it shouldnt be a concern for you.

hope any of that helped...

·
Registered
261 Posts
You'll only get a couple HP from a full. Unless you're dropping mega dollars into it, you won't know the difference between a slip-on, and you'll save all sortsa cash.

Either way though, the M4 sounds effing sick, so get that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey guys... not sure what you ended up putting on, but I'd be interested to know how it turned out. I'm looking at slipons.. people knock the yoshi's here, they seem to love the m4's.... i'm looking for a nice thoaty sound,not too loud, but definitely growly.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
I am considering two pipes for my 07 sv650. The race mount full M4 and the "full" ( I put this in quotes because it looks like the last 6 inches of the rear header of OEM is reused) Yoshimura TRS.

My priorites are 1) performance and 2) weight. Thanks!

:) I have run the full M4 Race Mount with Titanium exhaust on my bike for the past 4 seasons now, and believe me it works, very well.

I ship the M4 to customers all the time and everyone is always happy, and I think you will be too.

One of the nice things about M4 is that it is designed, developed, manufactured and serviced right here in the USA. If you ever need anything as a replacement part, it is easy to get.

Let me know if you decide to go M4 and I will get you the best price, and service,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had a M4 slip on quality seems to be good, but I now run a Yosh TRS full system. I like the Yosh becuase they are some of the highest quality pipes available IMO. FYI the highmount Yosh is not actually a high mount, it just comes with an exhaust hanger to do away with the footpeg.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
The M4 wins hands down. The only better exhaust is LeoVince.
Micron and Yosh are still better than stock but use tubing which is still about the same diameter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did'nt read your question or the responses. I have used a yosh, m4, and leo on the same bike. The leo made the most hp and the fit and finish were beautiful.

John

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The M4 wins hands down. The only better exhaust is LeoVince.
Micron and Yosh are still better than stock but use tubing which is still about the same diameter.
I'd like to get a LeoVince, they're cheaper than M4, but it's too bad they don't offer a high mount full system.

The stock system sucks because of the sharp bends and thick welds at the collector, especially where the rear header makes a 180. When I cut the stock system apart, the welds were beaded along the seam at least 1/4" into the exhaust path.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
M4 Performance Exhaust.

M4 are less expensive than Leo Vince, and both make high-mount full systems.
:) I just searched on-line, and compared the best legitimate deep discount prices on genuine Leo Vince, with M4, and found Leo Vince to be higher on every pipe, and full system, than the Made in the USA, M4.

As Premier Vendor,and Site Supporter, as well as Authorize M4 Dealer, I price match all the best on-line prices to make sure SVrider.com members all get the best possible prices, and service, on M4 Performance Exhausts.

Let me know on any M4 needs, and I will look after you right away,

EMAIL me directly please, at [email protected]

Blair

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed an m4 exhaust system. I love the look the sound and the (percieved as I'm sure its all in my head)power/engine performance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So heres something I haven't seen brought up about any of them. Which one is the least obnoxious after you get over the excitment of the new screaming exhaust. I would like do a full system, I do want more tone but I'm afraid its gonna end up being way to loud and get old after a while. So what does everyone consider the most tame of the commonly installed pipes wether it be slip on or full system.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yoshimura makes a insert to lower the sound level, but honestly I dont think its that loud....of course my last bike was a debaffled SMC

bbrraaapppp!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Wait... so the race version of the M4 replaces the rear header? I thought the only "Full" systems that replace the rear header was LeoVince.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
Full M4 Performance Exhaust

Wait... so the race version of the M4 replaces the rear header? I thought the only "Full" systems that replace the rear header was LeoVince.

:) You reuse the short OEM spigot header on the rear cylinder with the Full M4 system,

Blair

1 - 20 of 37 Posts