Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been asked before but anyway to put a full fairing on a 1st gen naked. Looking for a full fairing with headlight compatability. Seems like I read something about GSXR fairings working. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
gsxr bodywork ... I'm fitting a set of race bodywork (GP composites) with some lights right now:

if you're looking for street bodywork specifically it can generally be made to fit -- get some aluminium flatbar and you can make brackets pretty easily..

try looking at RC51 stuff. Twins are narrower, and the Honda bodywork fits better than the GSXR stuff.One of the local guys built a trackbike for his gf:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES. the red one. That's what I'm looking for. RC51 bodywork you say? Would you imagine I could just wire up the stock(RC51) headlights just like aftermarkets?

·
Registered
76 Posts
This was race bodywork (GP Composites for the SV based on the RC51 body), if you get a set of RC-51 street bodywork w/ the lights I'm sure you could make it work; but be prepared to rethink your instruments/control routing/brake and throttle, get a suitable fairing stay and last, but not least clipons.

I have a first gen SV, and when I decided to start grafting bits, I knew I was going to swap the front-end, lose the clocks and do some rewiring.There are still lots of little issues like making the brake/mc clear the fairing, throttle cable binding up because of the angle, etc.

Race bodywork can be gotten from $150 (used) - $800, street plastics are waay more expensive unless you have a donor bike in hand, or a good buddy. New 'glass from Godfather Racing is $400, ready to paint. Also, race bodywork bends and stretches :lol: if you need to make it fit. Street plastic cracks.

Another picture of GPgofast's bike

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks a ton for your responses, sounds like a total mess to be honest. I guess I was thinking, change the bars and bolt something up. Thanks again, I'll probably stay naked to save the above listed headaches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts