Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
661 - 678 of 678 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
... Speaking of FuelBot.... 2.0... got any of those lying around?I'm bored in these Corona Virus quarantine days and is looking for more stuff to add to my SV1000. :D
Sorry, Mads, no FuelBot2.0s left.

... a 2016 Gladius and keen to use this as a fuel gauge...
FuelBot1.0, 2.0 and MultiBot fit gen2 SV650/1000 only, sorry, no Gladius support. At least the Gladius has fuel bars, no?

Reactions: MotoMazz

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Based on recent interest, I will be making the MultiBot available this season, 2020. I've been threatening that for years but this time I mean it, lol. It will probably take about 1 month before I get things together and up to speed".

Hi TeeRiver
How does one apply to a sign-up list for a multibot? 😅 I have a few friends who's also very interested! The majority of us, drives SV1000. We found out you're making a new batch, and would die for the opportunity to have one installed! 😍 (It was motomazz who alerted us about your product!)

·
Super Moderator
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #665 ·
... Hi TeeRiver
How does one apply to a sign-up list for a multibot? 😅 I have a few friends who's also very interested! The majority of us, drives SV1000. We found out you're making a new batch, and would die for the opportunity to have one installed! 😍
Hi Anders, Please send email to [email protected], I will put you on the list. Include the bike year, SV650 or SV1000, and country to be shipped.

I have 10 assembled MultiBots ready to go. More are in the pipeline. Currently making final updates to the Installation Instructions. Units will be ready to ship this coming week! Cheers.

Reactions: MotoMazz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Anders, Please send email to [email protected], I will put you on the list. Include the bike year, SV650 or SV1000, and country to be shipped.

I have 10 assembled MultiBots ready to go. More are in the pipeline. Currently making final updates to the Installation Instructions. Units will be ready to ship this coming week! Cheers.
Hi TeeRiver
I am also part of the MotoMazz crew and I just sent you an email. Thanks!
/ Frederik

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi TeeRiver, just wondering if there's any update to this? I'd love to get my hands on a fuelbot, and if you don't have time to make them which is completely understandable, I don't mind at all trying to make one as I have experimented a few time with small boards and planning to go to uni next year and do exactly this, so for me it's a good little project.

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would also love to get a fuelbot 2.0. I should have posted here back in 2019 when I bought my SV, probably too late now.
If 'business sense' is a limiting factor that can be overcome, name your price.

Reactions: micwin83

·
Super Moderator
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 ·
Sorry, Das Chicken, too many hobbies, not enough time.

Maybe things will change in the future, unfortunately, for now, FuelBot and MultiBot are on the back burner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, Das Chicken, too many hobbies, not enough time.

Maybe things will change in the future, unfortunately, for now, FuelBot and MultiBot are on the back burner.
DEFINITELY reply back here if you ever do make anymore mate, I’ll snatch one up instantly, quite literally the moment I see the notification from you, my PayPal will opened haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the FuelBot?
The FuelBot is a combined Fuel Gauge and MPG Meter. It measures fuel consumption by monitoring the SV's fuel injector signal. Info from the SV's speed sensor (distance) allows MPG and instantaneous MPG to be calculated too. So far, the FuelBot has been tested on my SV650, and also on RecoilRob's SV1000 and SteveSLO's SV650, and works, well, fantastic! :D

How it works:
The FuelBot takes control of the SV's tachometer needle to display Fuel level, MPG, Gallons_left, and Gallons_used. Precision is one thousandth of a gallon (1/8th oz); accuracy is 2% or better (with calibration). As shown in the video below, a mode select button switches the tach between RPM mode, Fuel level mode, MPG mode, etc... Distance Till Empty (DTE) is available on the LCD.

FuelBot Unit
View attachment 52084

FuelBot Harness
View attachment 52085

The LCD below is not required for FuelBot operation. It was intended for development use only, but is handy to have, so I figured I would offer it as is. As shown, it is NOT weatherproof and requires some sort of user supplied enclosure. If you come up with a good enclosure solution, please post it!
View attachment 52086

A bare FuelBot micro-controller chip will be available for $25 shipped, including schematic, parts list and layout. All other parts are available locally or on-line. Parts and assembly were purposely kept low tech (old style thru hole assy, with an off-the-shelf RadioShack protoboard) so folks could build their own unit.

If there is demand, I will assemble some units, maybe $110 shipped for the FuelBot with harness?; optional LCD $35?; does that sound reasonable? Parts are cheap, but it takes a few hours to assemble and test. Mods, please let me know if any forum sales rules apply.

I am working on a custom enclosure for the LCD (the LCD by itself is not weatherproof) but don't have anything to show yet. RecoilRob came up with a nice enclosure solution, and I'm sure the creative folks here at SVR will have some good ideas too. :naughty:

Big, big thanks to RecoilRob and SteveSLO for helping me test the prototypes and work the bugs out; your feedback and suggestions were invaluable! :rock:

Any interest in this?

Thanks!
Do you still make these?

·
Registered
13 Posts
could ask if he’d be cool to share how he makes them?
Tee has considered that, but sounds like they want to retain ownership of the design (no copies), while also not making any new ones... You can read through the whole thread here if you haven't already, its interesting, if a little depressing. I'm nearly to the point of getting an MPGuino or similar and trying to make it work. As I understand, you need a speed signal and ideally an injector pulse signal for accuracy, from there, its all software interacting with hardware.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tee has considered that, but sounds like they want to retain ownership of the design (no copies), while also not making any new ones... You can read through the whole thread here if you haven't already, its interesting, if a little depressing. I'm nearly to the point of getting an MPGuino or similar and trying to make it work. As I understand, you need a speed signal and ideally an injector pulse signal for accuracy, from there, its all software interacting with hardware.
I can completely understand that, just breaks my heart hahaha he’s sitting on some amazing tech, I pray he starts making them again!

661 - 678 of 678 Posts