Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
641 - 660 of 678 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi TeeRiver

Is there a difference between your FuelBot 2.0 and the MultiBot?

I'm interested in a device that could track my remaining fuel in liters but display fuel economy in MPG-- I know, I'm crazy.

If this isn't easily possible I could settle for L/100km and get used to reading in that format.

What are the feature differences between the fuel and multi along with price?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
They're two significantly different items.

MultiBot is installed in the gauge, and doesn't show anything related to fuel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I'm very intrested in these 2 items for when I get an SV650 (currently doing my tests), but I've also been having a look at some replacement dashes such as the Koso RX2 which I quite like.

I'm wondering if these 2 items are compatible with the koso dash at all? I understand that the fuelbot should work as it's an intermediate between the dash and the ecu and only uses the RPM reader. But the multibot has to be soldered on to the dash which would be different to the koso one so would this mean that I wouldn't be able to use it? Or would a seporate device be avalible to act as an intermediate like the fuelbot?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure how to edit previous post.

As the koso dash has a fuel gauge inbuilt would it at all be possible to send a constant signal to that and keep the normal functioning of the RPM meter and have a button for the other functions of the fuelbot? I do understand that it might be quite a bit of work though.

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I'd be very surprised if Multibot worked with the RX2. email TeeRiver at the address he posted in the post prior to yours to get an accurate response.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I'd expect the Koso to let you program in tire diameter, is that not the case?

SV650s read speed off the front wheel, so changing gearing doesn't throw the speedo/odo off

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, is anyone selling a fuel bot? I'm still really interested in buying one but haven't received a reply from this or an email from the OP.

I'm also willing to DIY one as well so if any of you have the instructions, that would also be a massive help.

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
In reading this thread I saw the creator TeeRiver said he would make the code and other details public rather early on, post #26
I was not able to find any links to a github page or anything like that.

It now appears TeeRiver is no longer on this project, understandably :)

but I was hoping I might access the work for a DIY project I am working on for my 2006 DL1000

Anyone know if the details of the project were ever made public?

Thanx!

·
Super Moderator
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 · (Edited)
Sorry folks, I've a been MIA on the FuelBot and MultiBot.

At this point the FuelBot is on extended hold. The FuelBots are time intensive, meticulous builds, they do not make business sense but have been lots of fun to design and build. Unfortunately free time is at a premium so no new FuelBot batches for a while at least.

The MultiBot might be available this season as it is a less time consuming, easier build.

Stay tuned, I will post here when things change.

·
Registered
85 Posts

At this point the FuelBot is on extended hold. The FuelBots are time intensive, meticulous builds, they do not make business sense but have been lots of fun to design and build. Unfortunately free time is at a premium so no new FuelBot batches for a while at least.

The MultiBot might be available this season as it is a less time consuming, easier build.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered... Will the MultiBot work with the '17+ Gen 3 SV650 ?

Thanks for any insight,

T.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Cheers David,

Still rocking the MultiBot in my SV1000 K4 and it puts a smile on my face on every ride.

Since you're obviously maxed out and having a hard time keeping up with demand, I have to ask this:

You once mentioned that you'd rather share schematics and how-to (IC programming and such) rather than build the devices for your customers.
Did you ever finalize that?

·
Super Moderator
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Hi Mads,
Nice to hear from you, glad you are enjoying the MultiBot!

Based on recent interest, I will be making the MultiBot available this season, 2020. I've been threatening that for years but this time I mean it, lol. It will probably take about 1 month before I get things together and up to speed.

Re the MultiBot build info, from the FuelBot experience I found only a few folks (like < 5%) want to build their own electronic gadgets. Also, I am not too keen on seeing MultiBot knock-offs for sale. We saw that happen some years ago here on SVR with anohter member's product. You wouldn't think people would do that ...

I am happy to post and share the SV gauge reverse engineering for anyone interested and answer any tech questions. There is a lot of fun to be had for folks interested in combining motorcycles and microcontrollers, and a lot of cool things can be done too.

For anyone interested, stay tuned, I will post a dedicated MultiBot thread here one SVRider in about 1 month including how folks can get one for their bike. Cheers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I completely understand. I just recently had a few inquiries about my MultiBot, so had to ask. Good to hear you're still into it!!! :)

The info on the MultiBot is spread all over your FuelBot thread, so I took the liberty to find all relevant posts and present them in an easily readable thread that I have made sticky at the top of my Facebook page (shameless self-promotion, I know): MotoMazz

Speaking of FuelBot.... 2.0... got any of those lying around?I'm bored in these Corona Virus quarantine days and is looking for more stuff to add to my SV1000. :D

641 - 660 of 678 Posts