Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got our shipment of custom fuel tank mounts for the 1st gen SV! Surely you've seen that hideous monstrosity of a steel mounting plate under your stock fuel tank! It weighs about 2 lbs., is ugly, and takes up the clearance in your battery box. These mount right up in place of it. Custom machined and hand-welded, these suckers are strong! They're going on all of our race bikes. They're in the online store at SVRaceShop.com.

[/img]

J

·
0 Posts
Bah you guys need to get off your arse's and make some up for the gen 2's.

J

·
0 Posts
Algreen they have the price listed on there website svraceshop.com. You should check there.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andy4us said:
jaycee said:
Algreen they have the price listed on there website svraceshop.com. You should check there.
Actually more expensive than the BRG one

http://brgracing.com/sv650subframe.html

Andy
The BRG items only work with the BRG aluminum race subframe, we use those on our bikes that have the BRG subframes. Our new ones work with the stock subframe on Gen1 SV's. Direct replacement for the stock steel tank mounting bracket. We made our own by hand at first, and eventually got around to sending the design to the machinist to make up a batch since everyone who got a look at them at the track wanted a set for themselves.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mario60185 said:
whats the point of these?
One point is to lose a couple pounds of dead steel weight from the bike. The other it to create lots of clearance in the battery box area, which is apropriate for those installing a GSX-R shock on the SV.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Creates more space behind/under rear of tank, much lighter weight, and makes installing battery & shock easier.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
donniej said:
excellent for race but what about the fuse box mounts?
I've been running without the fuse box for about 5000 miles, no problems... To me it was just another bit of plastic crap, and was nothing but a pain once I started cabling up other accessories, so I popped the fuse holders out of it. I honestly don't think it's made the slightest difference.

·
Registered
168 Posts
im blind b/c i looked all over the site and didnt find the price.

·
Registered
606 Posts
tonye said:
im blind b/c i looked all over the site and didnt find the price.
Go to the online store part of the web site, prices are there...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes Josh dribbles & drools when he's with Jarel :wink:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts