Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new here to svrider. Been scouring the internet for any help on this fuel pump issue. Closest I found is a post by scuba Steve but there’s no fix posted. Figured I’d start a new discussion about it.
My bike started leaking fuel and found it to be leaking around the fuel pump area, particularly where the three wires head into the tank through the plastic wire housing. Two of the wires seemed loose, when I checked it out 2 studs/posts just came off. I took everything apart to get a clearer view, I removed the two o-rings, but not sure how to fix it. I can’t find this part anywhere online, anyone able to help?

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
If those studs have broken, you will have to buy a complete fuel pump assembly if you want new. I don't see just the metal plate available separately in the parts fiche. Try @mad8vskillz , see if he has one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying. Buying a whole new assembly is exactly what I want to avoid… new ones are expensive and I fear I might run into the same issue with a used one. I was thinking about drilling a hole from the other side and using a bolt, if I were able to make sure it can be sealed properly.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Gosh, it looks like they just hold in with friction right? I would try some jb weld-type fix before springing for a new assembly.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
My guess is they're riveted or peened in place. You might be able to use a stud that has a nut welded or cast into it, but I was unable to find an example of what I mean with a 5 minute google search.

·
Super Moderator
8,913 Posts
Nah, jb weld is ok with gasoline.

If you try repairing with replacement bolts be sure all hardware is stainless steel.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah, I honestly can't remember how JB Weld specifically works next to gasoline. I used it to patch a leaky gas tank and it held, but I don't know how well it really sealed for an extended period. This was a tank I eventually lined anyway so it became a non-issue.
My point was: stick the studs back into the plastic with something before dishing out hundreds of dollars. Like el_cederico said, who knows if the new one won't have the same problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts