Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cld someone please post some pics or tell me how the vacuam lines hook up to the fuel pump. I can figure out the fuel lines. But where do i get vacuam for the carb and petcock from. I dnt see any vacuam lines onthis bike. Im building it from scratch lol

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
The vacuum line to the petcock originates from a nipple on the rear carb base. The fuel pump if I remember correctly is teed off this line as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you are bulding the bike from scratch, you surely have the service manual? In the back of the service manual there are some very nice diagrams that show the hose routing, wire routing, etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the vacuum source to the fuel pump comes from the nipple on the intake boot. and the vacuum source for the petcock comes from the carb. im i right with this?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ok so the vacuum source to the fuel pump comes from the nipple on the intake boot. and the vacuum source for the petcock comes from the carb. im i right with this?
That is correct.

They can actually come from the same source if you want, it really doesn't matter. You could run both of the off the intake boot port using a T fitting and longer vacuum lines and plug the port on the carb. No real advantage to either way, it's just what is easier for you to work with.

·
Registered
01 SV650 donk in a Cagiva Raptor
2 Posts
If you are bulding the bike from scratch, you surely have the service manual? In the back of the service manual there are some very nice diagrams that show the hose routing, wire routing, etc.

Diagrams are super useful... Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
Cld someone please post some pics or tell me how the vacuam lines hook up to the fuel pump. I can figure out the fuel lines. But where do i get vacuam for the carb and petcock from. I dnt see any vacuam lines onthis bike. Im building it from scratch lol
This should help,

One vacuum line pulls the Petcock valve open when the engine turns and the other one pulls the fuel through the Fuel-Pump.

As a substitute one of these could well work,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts