Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know what re jetting for a full exhaust system will do to the fuel milage?

If I under stand it right, the re-jecting will richen the mix= more fuel use?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
A little... But you'll get better mileage after a rejet than you will with a full system and no rejet, because inefficient running kills your economy. With my system, filter and rejet it took maybe 5 miles of my tank range with day to day riding, but a lot more at full pelt. Also, while you're burning more fuel at any given throttle opening, you're also making more power- so that ofsets it a little for less demanding riding, as you can get the same results with less revs and therefore, less bangs.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nothwind...Can the same be said for re-mapping of the 2nd gen bikes? Anyone have some hard numbers to back it, or is it all theory?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
It should do... Although the injected models seem to benefit less from bolt-on filters. With the carbed bike, if you stick a good filter and system on it but don't rejet it'll run like an absolute dog. A seriously lean or rich bike burns very inefficiently, so it basically wastes fuel. That also has other knock-on effects of course.

I'm making a bit of a presumption that Drift has an aftermarket or modified filter, or would fit one- spending $$$ for a full system makes very little sense if you skimp on the intake side.

Don't misunderstand though, putting a full system on a bike isn't really compatible with economy. If you want good mileage, put a 16 tooth front sprocket on and leave the rest pretty much standard. A good slip-on should help out. But like drift says, the entire point of a full system and filter is to get more air in and out, so you can get more fuel in and get more go per bang.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I lot about 20% fuel economy when I had my V&H full system & jetting done, I got about 5%-8% back when I went to a 16t countersprocket

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. I would defiantly re-jet with a system. I was just curious how much of a drop in MPG I would see. If it was excessive then I would just go with a slip on. I hate to kill the milage for the small gain of performance and a good look.

I will do a Penske first. Money better spent for true performance gains.

Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts