Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping out tanks on my 2002. I don't believe that the tank has ever been disassembled.
I removed the fuel level sensor, and noticed that what looked like an o-ring had some "spooge" on it, black rubbery, maybe an RTV or gasket sealer.

I looked on the fiche and didn't see a separate gasket or o-ring for the fuel level sensor. The FSM didn't say anything about gasket sealer, although it did say "replace all gaskets and o-rings". Without a part number, I don't know what I'd get.

I reassembled it after cleaning off the loose stuff and applying a very thin coat of RTV... Hope I didn't screw up. I suppose that if it leaks I can take it apart again and try and find a new o-ring that would fit the groove.

Any suggestions or experiences?
Thanks!
Mikemo

G

·
that o ring is sold seperate.it should work without any sealant.there are also 2 sealing washers under mounting bolts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you point me to it? I've double checked the fiche and I can't find the o-ring. It does show the o-ring and gaskets for the petcock, but not for the fuel level sensor.
Thanks
Mikemo

G

·
ops,sorry,I was refering to petcock.sensor has o-ring also but it is square ,not round.I can't find it in my parts book either.take it off and go to store and try to find big fat 0-ring that fits in grove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.