Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my fuel indicator light stopped working this past weekend. Finally got around to doing some tests. Apparently something in the gauge cluster is not working causing the low fuel indicator to not come on when the fuel level is low. According the section 7-33 of the shop manual this calls for replacement of the entire gauge cluster. Is there any way to fix the existing gauge cluster? Everything else works fine except for the low fuel indicator.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi TeeRiver. That is the test I did. The R/B wire works with fuel level flashing, The B/Lg wire did not come on. The shop manual calls for replacement of the gauges in this case.

Since the R/B wire did work should the flashing fuel warning stay on even when fuel is at the very low levels or would it stop working once it's very low?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did check the continuity at the guage connector, per the manual, and it checked out good. Only thing I did not check is the fuel level sensor. Probably will do it this weekend. I will check continuity at the connector at the sensoe as well. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts