Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding today i had my fuel light come on. i was not able to judge mileage because i haven't had a full tank through it yet. it was on for a bit. then went off for a few miles. and then came back on.

at what point does this light come on? 1 gallon left? half of a gallon? any help is appreciated. i looked in my owners manual and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. will it blink at all? or just period of time where it's on for a couple of minutes. then turns off. then comes back on. and then when it always stays on i need it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know on a Gen1 the light starts flashing at .9 gal left and goes steady at .2 gal. The on then off you experienced may be that you were right on the edge. just my .02...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i wondered that too. the road i was on was kind of curvy, and that's what it came on. then the road straightened out and it went off but flicked back on aways down again at the next light, and it was flat and straight road.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I'm pretty sure that as far as Gen2's are concerned, K3/K3 and K5-current have different fuel pickups.

Ours don't blink, then change to solid like the K5-K8 bikes, they just come on (I think with .9 left). So the going on/off you see is probably a result of slosh-age. Somebody smarter than me chime in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts