Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding with some of my otha SV friends and they mentioned how the front wheel looked like it was bent and that I should get it checked out. I started noticing a slight vibration in the handlebars while riding over about 30mph (which is all the time basically). I took it in today to the Zuki shop and they spun it and said that it looked like there was a slight bend in the rim.

My question... did they just say that because thats what I said it looked like? Is there anything else that could cause the front wheel to shake? Of course nothing is covered in an extended warranty so looks like i may need a new rim.. any suggestions??

G

·
lift front end of bike.put screwdriver or something against fork pointing to wheel,get it close to rim edge and spin wheel.you will see if wheel is not straight.

·
Registered
166 Posts
could also lost a wheel weight, too. I would see if you could have someone balance it. Check the bearings out and spin balance and that would tell you if it was bent. There's always ebay...... ;D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havent hit any curbs (or people :p) but the original owner had dropped it and apparently that is how it happened. thank you guys for all the input. i think i will have the bearings checked out too.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
well, if your gonna change the front wheel, do a gsxr front end swap.

·
Registered
165 Posts
sassichick look at the paint on the right side of your rim... it is bubbled where it is bent you can send it to http://www.framestraightsystem.com/ or someone else it should cost about $160 for them to straighten it. Or you can find one from someone that has done a gsxr fork swap. I know there is someone else that straigtens them alot cheaper that starts at around $60 and up depending on how bad it is. I wil find out who it is and post it up for you to check out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blkvwgolf said:
Or you can find one from someone that has done a gsxr fork swap. I know there is someone else that straigtens them alot cheaper that starts at around $60 and up depending on how bad it is. I wil find out who it is and post it up for you to check out.
thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts