Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front tire sitting in my storage room, its been used but its not in bad shape. Could I sell it? or should I just toss it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
try and sell it for a cheap price and see if you can make a few bucks, as long as the rubber isnt super hard and cracking or something like that

·
Registered
342 Posts
Simple solution:

Ride more than usual. Much more. Excessive riding leads to tire wear, and with-out tires you will have a use for said, currently owned, tire.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
you might be able to get a few bucks out of it but it doesn't look like there is all that much life left in it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Offer it up on here and tell them they gotta pay shipping. If no one wants it I say just toss it...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Simple solution:

Ride more than usual. Much more. Excessive riding leads to tire wear, and with-out tires you will have a use for said, currently owned, tire.
I only have a bike and have a 40 mile one way commute to work, not to mention "days off" mountain excursions. So I don't think there is much more riding I could be doing. :)

I thought about when I need new tires (3k miles or so) i'll get a rear thats the same as that front. but then i'm left with a Pirelli front that will sit, and it'll be the same issue. I go through 2 rears per 1 front.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I thought about when I need new tires (3k miles or so) i'll get a rear thats the same as that front. but then i'm left with a Pirelli front that will sit, and it'll be the same issue. I go through 2 rears per 1 front.
That sounds about right.

So when your current set wears out, get a rear that matches this one. Then that set will probably wear out round the same time. Get a Pirrelli rear to match the Pirrelli front you took off. Run through that. Then buy a new matching set. :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well played sir.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you decide you just want to get rid of it, I'll gladly take it. I can either arrange a meeting between you and a buddy of mine who lives in your area to pick it up, of I can make a trip out of it on a weekend. I'm only two hours from you. ;)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The tire should be in decent shape. It's sitting outside in harsh UV light that really kills rubber fast. It'll last much longer indoors, especially in humid NC. I'd be very interested in picking it up from you if you were local.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts