Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing the front sprocket on my 03 SVS with a 14 tooth one.

I'm looking for a little more acceleration :)

Anyone know a good place to get one? I have a friend to help with the installation. Also...if you have any other tips they would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
i have one that i got a while back. it's still brand new in the unopened package. never got around to putting it on, kinda lost the urge to do it.

make me an offer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have one that i got a while back. it's still brand new in the unopened package. never got around to putting it on, kinda lost the urge to do it.

make me an offer
is that a sprocket specialists one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
LordKyl said:
i have one that i got a while back. it's still brand new in the unopened package. never got around to putting it on, kinda lost the urge to do it.

make me an offer
is that a sprocket specialists one?
dont think so. i can check tonight when i get home.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
I dont know of any aftermarket 14T that have the rubber dampening on it, I had the SS one, and now I have an AFAM one that looks spiffy but still is noisy. Take a look at www.sprocketcenter.com, dont know if they sell just the 14T by itself, but they have kits and thats how I got mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
I don't think any aftermarket ones have the damper, at least I have never seen one. Oh and people interested in this sort of mod are not typically concerned with the life of wear items. They tend to be sticky tire not touring tire types.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
i have it sitting next to me and it's from drive systems USA (drivesystemsusa.com)

it looks like it sells for about $20 off the web site. sprocket specialists has the front 14 tooth for $13.

i'll take $15 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
"drivesytemsusa.com" is AFAM. AFAM Drive Systems.

I have their 14T on my bike; couldn't care less about the additional noise or accelerated wear. For as often as my bike gets out of the garage, it'll be a long, long time before the chain and sprockets wear out.

~20 bucks for the sprocket, let's see..... 2.933(44/15) ratio, 44/14 = 3.14 after dropping a tooth up front... 2.93 is about 93% of 3.14, which leaves 7%.....

7% increase in torque from idle all the way up at the expense of some top-end? Yes please. Can't recall the last time I went 120 anyway.

Excellent mod for the money.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top