Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, How difficult is it to remove the stock turn signals in front of my 08 sv650s? I wanted to install some of these ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-SV-650-TL-1000-Bandit-1200-INTEGRATED-MIRRORS_W0QQitemZ330323085702QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330323085702&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

any advice would be great! thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the triangular access panel in the 'dash', small socket or wrench to undo the bolt holding the signal on.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Do not install those the quality is less than you would expect. Very good lighting bad mounting. I installed that exact set on my friends ninja 500 and they vibrated and went out of adjustment all the time. We ended up removing them and installing flush mounts with bar end mirrors in one week.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the input!
I'm trying to avoid flush mounts because of visibility issues, however
I do like how flush mounts look

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought them a couple weeks ago. They don't have the mass of the stock mirrors, and on one of them, the mirror surface seems to have an odd defect near the bottom edge. I only noticed it before the installation though, as it was minor.

The tightness of the arm adjustment is easily adjustable, just as the stock ones are. The ball joint pivot between the mirror and the arm is pretty tight. I've gone 500 miles without them adjusting themselves.. I like them so far, they're unique.

I replaced the stocks with flushmount LED's that are wired as running lamps, and replaced the stock running lamps with amber LEDs. Now I have all LED lighting so I can leave them on when I'm parked in a busy parking lot at night. Peace of mind against someone pulling into my space too quickly before noticing my bike.

Next step, hiding a bunch of blue LED's around my chassis to make it even more visible in parking lots.. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts