Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rember reading before that some riders are adapting aftermarket front brake cylinders to the sv.
What master cylinders are these and what bike can they be found on.
Also how much more work is it to put on.
I crashed so mind as well upgrade if imm buying one.
I know benjammin had one on his bike.
How much better was braking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you haven't done anything else to your brake system yet, I'd start elsewhere, if you are looking for noticeable improvements.

Specifically, I'd go in this order:

1. Steel braided lines
2. Pads
3. Master Cylinder
4. Rotors

But if you need to replace the MC anyway, just about anything could work.

·
Registered
537 Posts
you could try some used 04+ gixxer radial brembo M/C. should be able to get em for a fraction of what you'd pay for brand new for an aftermarket brembo. i forget but IIRC, some years were better than others?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys
comon i know more of you did this what is everyone running??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quasi888 said:
If you haven't done anything else to your brake system yet, I'd start elsewhere, if you are looking for noticeable improvements.

Specifically, I'd go in this order:

1. Steel braided lines
2. Pads
3. Master Cylinder
4. Rotors

But if you need to replace the MC anyway, just about anything could work.
1. master cylinder
2. lines
3. rotors
4. pads (HH)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i can see at a glance, as long as you can mount it and the hoses fit you should be all right. those should be the two main problems and one is easily fixable(mounting) the hoses may be a prob but all you would need is some special fixings from goodridge/earls/hel and you'll be away (or not if your brakes do actually work!!)

trick

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Lots of companies use interchangable brake switches- since Nissin, Brembo, etc want to sell teh same m/cs to more than one company they make them easy to fit to different bikes. The SV switch fitted perfectly to my new (old) brembo radial, for instance.

In the event it doesn't, there are pneumatic switches that replace any of the banjo bolts, dead easy.

Speaking of which, I just fitted a new (old) Brembo radial :) It doesn't exactly fit, with the GSXR front end I've found the lever needs a really ropey position and still fouls the stock fairing. But I'm working on it... It works fantastically though, really pleased with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts