Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on my front brakes this morning and bought a master cylinder rebuild kit from parts unlimited (1731-0514). After taking the old master cylinder apart, it is apparent that the internals are not exactly the same. The base of the piston and the rubber end cap for the spring are smaller than the one that came out of the MC. Is this a problem, or is it only the size of the seal on the piston that matters?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, the piston seal is too small too. I don't know if this was an incorrectly packaged kit, or if they are just selling the wrong thing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
My experience w/ mc rebuild kits is that they often ship the wrong part number. I've been wanting to rebuild my R6 mc and I got a rebuild kit for a Honda last time 🤷‍♂️ Just buy from a reputable place with some sort of customer service, you should be able to get the right kit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The kit I got the seals were too big and physically wouldn't fit inside the cylinder. Very annoying.

Cleaned it all up and reassembled, and ended up with a used Braking 19mm radial MC a little while later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This saga continues. I have sent a couple of emails to the seller (bought on eBay) with no reply. I found a fitment email address on parts unlimited, but no reply from them yet either. It looked like a highly rated shop on eBay, but now I'm stuck. I did find the OEM kit online, so I'll try that next if I can't get this sorted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
sorry to hear all those troubles, shop on ebay can go either way, lot of fake stuff too...
i go to Ron Ayers..have micro fiche...
im using radial master from gsxr 08 as my whole front is from it and run renthal bars conversion so no hitting fron fairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts