Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever rebuilt theirs? Is it straightforward?

We are noticing diminished braking and a stepped feel at the lever, as though fluid is leaking past a seal. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
I would start with a flush and bleed before going any deeper. The problem I've had with this particular MC was with the piston binding, not the seals leaking.

It's a pretty easy unit to rebuild. Get a service manual, exploded view (parts manual) or take pictures because you can easily reassemble it backwards (pls. don't ask me how I know!).

You'll need some internal snap ring pliers preferably with a long skinny nose since you'll need to reach down inside the bore to release the snap ring -I modified mine courtesy of my Craftsman grinder. Compressing the spring slightly as you squeeze the snap ring helps a lot.

A seal pick to reach down inside the bore is helpful also, as is a little patch of ScotchBrite and some brake cleaner to gently clean the cylinder.

:)

N

·
0 Posts
mrfun said:
a stepped feel at the lever, as though fluid is leaking past a seal. Any other suggestions?
Oops! Skipped right over that line. That exactly describes how a sticky piston feels. Get the rebuild kit, about $25.

:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I did mine earlier this year. Very straightforward. Bought my parts from ronayers.com and followed the procedure in the Clymer manual.

T

·
0 Posts
at the price masters go on ebay it is not worth rebuilding one.
I treat it as throw away part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts