Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
I have the removal guide for the front forks,
I want to drop that 5weight oil for 20 weight....,

anyway I have a rear wheel stand, how do I keep the front end off the ground
when I take off the forks ????
I know how to remove them, Im just not sure what to use on the front end ??

Or should I just take it to my dealer and have them do the fluid exchange ???

thanks
nik

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
there are multiple threads on this exact topic.

some of the suggestions have been to hang it from beam in the ceiling, use jack stands under the sliders, get a front stand, hang it from a ladder.

do a search and check it out for yourself

·
Registered
571 Posts
you could buy a front stand if you think you will be doing more work to your bike in the future. but one that picks it up from the lower triple and not the bottom of the forks obviously.

if you have a garage you could use some ratcheting straps to hold it from the ceiling by the upper triple. if you don't have a place to mount to the ceiling you could use a ladder straddling the front of the bike and attach the straps to it.

there is also a pic of nates bike around here somewhere that shows jack stands under the frame sliders if you have them. you'll just have to secure the bike from rocking back and forth if you do it this way.

i like the dual stands route though. very sturdy and no wondering if it is going to fall over because you didn't strap it down right. i've actually had my forks off for a couple weeks now while i'm doing some other stuff to the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts