Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2019 SV650 and as the roads here in the UK are rubbish I want to improve the basic fork set up. I have found that Andreani do a cartridge internals set up for this model which gives preload adjustment, compression adjustment and rebound adjustment. Has anybody already fitted these and if so do they make a big difference?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have heard that the Andreani might require some internal modifications, but
I dont remember where I read that. Mupo also offers cartridges. I have
not used either one of these brands so I have no insight into how much
"better" the front suspension will be after installation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. I have a 2019 SV650 and as the roads here in the UK are rubbish I want to improve the basic fork set up. I have found that Andreani do a cartridge internals set up for this model which gives preload adjustment, compression adjustment and rebound adjustment. Has anybody already fitted these and if so do they make a big difference?
I've not seen the Mupo one advertised here in the UK, but only been searching for a couple of days. Thanks for the link to the motorracingshop.com . As the Andreani ones are bike specific I assumed you just remove all of the internals from the forks and the cartridges replace them.
Been looking back through the threads and it seems that the change to 15w fork oil makes a difference so may try this as a cheap fix.

Cheapest fix would be to get UK to resurface all the roads!!

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
First thing to do is get springs of the proper rate in there, with fork oil to match. No point in spending money on cartridges if the springs are wrong.
Springs will make the single biggest difference and are the place to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I'll investigate springs and oil first. I can't find anybody that has fitted cartridge kits yet so wouldn't risk the cost without some feed back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts